+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 62 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm amused by fathers opinions who's he trying to convince.
    The temp for the last 16 has little to do with the fact that we are screwing the earth if a carbon tax (which is clearly his issue) helps people use/waste less fuel then it's a help.
    Why not try and create a better planet for our children, why wait until nothing can be done and the earth screwed beyond repair after all we only have one if it's screwed so are we.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sandy cheeks For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (06-04-2013),beebs  (07-04-2013),Kirst33  (06-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You know what's funny about all of this? All this debating and having to look up things to refute Father has actually had the opposite effect of his goal to instill doubt in me about climate change. I feel more convinced about the causes of global warming, the effects of global warming, and that it is indeed happening - than ever!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Kirst33 For This Useful Post:

beebs  (07-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    I've just been quietly reading along here, just wondering if you would mind answering the question about your qualifications and occupation, father?
    What if I said I was a kayaking zoo volunteer. That should make me more than qualified to comment right? It's good enough for 'Skeptical Science'.
    I do not see how occupation has anything to do with being able to read and understand information.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirst33 View Post
    NOAA: '...which confirms that the past decade was the warmest on record and that the Earth has been growing warmer over the last 50 years.'
    Yes. I know. I've said it many times. We have been warming since the 1700's. I don't know why you keep trying to prove that the Earth has warmed when I agree.

Why don't you talk about the RATE of warming. How much per decade. How much will it warm?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Father View Post
    What if I said I was a kayaking zoo volunteer. That should make me more than qualified to comment right? It's good enough for 'Skeptical Science'.
    I do not see how occupation has anything to do with being able to read and understand information.
    The "zoo volunteer" he keeps referring to is a lady who translates the Skeptical Science pieces into German. Can we say "cherry-picking" anybody?

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kirst33 For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (06-04-2013),beebs  (07-04-2013),misskittyfantastico  (06-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Father View Post
    Yes. I know. I've said it many times. We have been warming since the 1700's. I don't know why you keep trying to prove that the Earth has warmed when I agree.

Why don't you talk about the RATE of warming. How much per decade. How much will it warm?
    Have we not already discussed how much it's anticipated to warm? I thought we had with all those NASA links.

Your issue seems to be that you think that it's not warming at the extent experts say it is? That it's natural for it to warm so therefore is not a problem?? Again, I've posted quite a bit from the agencies that you wanted to hear from that they agree the Earth is warming too fast and that we need to make changes. You seem to only be reading what you want to read (something I believe you accused somebody else of in a separate thread??) I'm fairly certain that many will read through this thread and believe sufficient info has been provided and agree that human caused warming is occurring (at an abnormal rate) and that it is a problem.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    kirst33 you are on a roll.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MonsterMoosMum For This Useful Post:

Clementine Grace  (06-04-2013),Kirst33  (06-04-2013),Rutabaga  (23-04-2013),SJG  (06-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    'According to the range of possible forcing scenarios, and taking into account uncertainty in climate model performance, the IPCC projects a best estimate of global temperature increase of 1.8 - 4.0°C with a possible range of 1.1 - 6.4°C by 2100, depending on which emissions scenario is used.'

http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/cmb-faq/globalwarming.html

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MonsterMoosMum View Post
    kirst33 you are on a roll.
    It's been a nice distraction for me today! And I want to save the polar bears!

But I will have to move on soon because I think I'm realizing what some of the guys on "Meet the Press" in the States feel like when they are on the same panel as the NRA's Wayne LaPierre. Like I said before, some people see common sense and others keep arguing it and always have something they feel backs them up. The NRA is always coming up with stats that they believe should convince people that further gun control isn't needed, but yet common sense dictates otherwise!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Kirst33 For This Useful Post:

beebs  (07-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Regarding the content on the website Skeptical Science:

'Skeptical Science is maintained by John Cook, the Climate Communication Fellow for the Global Change Institute at the University of Queensland. He studied physics at the University of Queensland, Australia. After graduating, he majored in solar physics in his post-grad honours year. He is not a climate scientist. Consequently, the science presented on Skeptical Science is not his own but taken directly from the peer reviewed scientific literature. To those seeking to refute the science presented, one needs to address the peer reviewed papers where the science comes from (links to the full papers are provided whenever possible).'

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Kirst33 For This Useful Post:

beebs  (07-04-2013)