+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default AGE GAP: I have 2 girls 19 months apart - youngest is 3.5 already. I want another

is 19 months followed by 3-4year age gap too much
    so
    New born + 4 yo +6yo
    1, 5,7
    2,6,8 etc

Is the age gap too big?
    can it work?
    (it will have cousins a few years older and probably younger)
    I really want another baby but dont want it to feel left out by its older sisters

αληθη is offline BH name read as Aleethee
    Winner 2012 - One most likely to be hacked by Nomsie
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Nope my three older siblings had that age gap and they're all super duper close and loved that ganging up on me was so much easier when I came along

Sent from my talky stick

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks :-) I worry by baby will be left out! I worry about lots of things actually. I'm so close to 'getting my life back'... not exactly sure thats what i want though... I think i like having babies, though sometimes i wish i was back at work! Its such a tough decision. I've been procrastinating literally for years now though

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah I know what you mean. In my family my sister and brother had the same small gap then my other brother came along three years later and they were all so close (which came with a lot of arguments if you're ready for that ). I came along another three years later and didnt have the same relationship they did though.

Sent from my talky stick

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachie81 View Post
    thanks :-) I worry by baby will be left out! I worry about lots of things actually. I'm so close to 'getting my life back'... not exactly sure thats what i want though... I think i like having babies, though sometimes i wish i was back at work! Its such a tough decision. I've been procrastinating literally for years now though
    Oh wow! I feel you on this.
    Last year we lost three babies, and now I just don't know what to do. I still want a baby, but I'm afraid, and I have all those same reasons going through my head not to. I have never been this confused and conflicted over anything!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    its so tough because the longer you wait the harder it gets

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Rachie, my first 2 are 19 months apart, they are now 5 and 3 and a half, we had our 3rd baby in august, so she is 7months, I find it's a great gap, much easier than my first two, the older kids adore the baby and are so helpful... They play with her all the time so I imagine they'll be great mates despite the bigger age gap! Hope this helps

KtKing is offline The same sun that melts the ice hardens the clay. The difference is the nature of the material.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a 2 year gap between me and my big sister then there is an 11 year gap until our little sister. We LOVED having a baby sister and loved to spoil her. And even now I'm 30 and she's 19 and I love seeing her. We are still close and I think always will be.

I don't think the age gap matters as long as the older kids don't feel left out for the baby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by KtKing View Post
    We LOVED having a baby sister and loved to spoil her. And even now I'm 30 and she's 19 and I love seeing her. We are still close and I think always will be.
    Are you my sister? O_O

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't think so I think it's more about personalities than ages. There's a nearly 3 year age gap between one of my brothers and I, and a 6 year gap between me and my other brother and we get along fine.

There's 17 months in between my two but there's no way I'd have another until DD is at least 4, it would be a larger age gap but I don't think she would handle not being the baby of the family until she's older. So the gap will be bigger but it should work out.