+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Recovery time

We are currently pregnant with #1 and was going to wait until just after her 2nd bday ( 27 months) before TTC again, ( so nearly 3 years between) but may do it sooner now, from your experience what is recovery time? How do you cope with young child and pregancy ( and in my case full time work)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have a 3 year 3 month age gap between my 2 and it couldn't be better. My eldest sleeps well and can do lots of things for herself which makes it so much easier with a small baby. I also had 2 c sections and felt fully recovered by the time the second one came around.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the reply, I've seen heaps of people lately with small age gaps ( my gf is 14 weeks with #2 and #1 is just turned 1) I don't know how they do it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    We'll have a gap of 22 months and although I can't speak for how it will go once the baby is here, I'm actually not finding it too difficult being pregnant and having a young toddler. There's not a lot of time to relax and rest, but physically I feel no worse than I did when pregnant with DS.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have 4 children that were all born within 5 years 4 days. I found the parenting and dealing with toddlers and babies fine but back to back pregnancies were really tough on the body. Weight gain and pregnancies got worse with each pregnancy. However I wouldn't change the age gaps at all. Love them all so close!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you all again, there's certainly a lot to consider, my biggest thing is if I can cope physically

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamilicious View Post
    We'll have a gap of 22 months and although I can't speak for how it will go once the baby is here, I'm actually not finding it too difficult being pregnant and having a young toddler. There's not a lot of time to relax and rest, but physically I feel no worse than I did when pregnant with DS.
    Perfectly said. But I worked part time and had a busy home time with my second pregnancy.

The first 6-8wks of DD2's life was hectic but then it was cruisy.

But I had easy births, easy babies and a supportive family.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know this isn't recommended but I was pregnant again when DS was 9 months old and it was fine. I get really sick when pregnant and I was less sick with DD than DS and I felt liked I coped with it better. My only complaint is because I was also caring for DS it felt likely my pregnancy flew by! And having to take DS to my appointments but it wasn't that bad.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I fell pregnant when my ds was 6 months. It was tough on my body as I am very small framed and carry big babies. The age gap was 15 months and I wouldn't have it any other way
    They are best mates. Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    3 years seems like a good time. I was thinking the same, as I want to have a boy as I'm pregnant with a girl..