+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Coming to terms with unplanned 3rd pregnancy

New to the forums here!I have just found out I'm pregnant with 3rd child (unplanned). Absolutely terrible timing, financially speaking, but have accepted we've been thrown this curve ball for a reason. Struggling to find any joy in my pregnancy, and fraught with worry about losing my casual job which we rely on to pay the mortgage. (I work with nasty chemicals and products, of which I can find no documentation relating to pregnancy complications, since I work in a relatively new, obscure, male dominated field).My two children will be 8 and 10 when bub comes along. The younger one is happy she will become a big sister, while the older one shares my dislike for babies.

Feeling rather sorry for myself at the moment, and don't particularly want to share our news with family and friends.
    Hubby is more delighted than me, at the prospect of possibly getting a son. But he has become almost impossible to live with as he stresses over our finances.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Welcome to the forum, Sorry to hear your having a hard time with things.
    I hope everything works out well for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi And welcome - There was a blog called the unexpected pregnancy which may be worth a read. Your story sounds similar to hers.

I am sure the shock would bring on some negative feelings and despair but I hope in time you will come round and be excited for this new adventure!!! Congrats by the way!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hello and welcome.
    Hugs. It's hard when something this big is unplanned but at least you have 9mths to get used to it all and plan what will happen.
    If you feel you're not processing it all well, them counseling would be good to have.
    I hope it all works out well and see the positives in this lil miracle

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi and welcome. Our 4th child was a surprise and I was in shock and upset but once I found out the sex of her I did a 360 and just couldn't wait to start buying all things pink and organising the baby room. She's now 13months and I'm the happiest mummy to have our surprise bub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi I just found out 2 weeks ago that I am pregnant with #4 unplanned. My daughter is only 9 months old. Money isn't great with us either and I am terrified how I am going to cope with four children at home until DS 1 goes to school next year. It has taken me 2 weeks but I am now excited still scared about coping but can't wait till my 13 week scan on the 8th April. I started looking for names, car seats etc which I thanked helped me.