+ Reply to Thread

Default UQ Midwifery Student seeking pregnant ladies for Follow Throughs Programme

Hello lovely ladies of the Brisbane and Ipswich Area!

My name is Jami and I'm currently a 3rd year Nursing and Midwifery student at the University of Queensland.

As a student midwife, a component of our degree is participating in a Follow through or Continuity of Care Programme. This Programme requires us to accompany 10 women on their pregnancy journey, attending a minimum of 5 antenatal appointments, your birth and a minimum of 3 postnatal appointments.

This Programme has been designed to form a continuity of care between the woman and the student, forming trusting and understanding relationships from early pregnancy until after the birth of your baby. As a midwifery student we do not take the place of your health care provider, but instead act as an extra support and advocate for you and your family. I would be forever grateful if anyone would be interested in allowing me to join them on their journey! So far I have found this to be an extremely rewarding and joyous experience, still maintaining beautiful friendships with the ladies and their families who I have thus far followed.

If anyone would like to contact me for more information (we have brochures and informative letters) or to catch up for a coffee and find out more please do not hesitate to contact me.

My contact email address is : jami.fauchon@uqconnect.edu.au

Thank you for taking the time to read this and I look forward to hearing from you!
    Last edited by JamiF; 30-03-2013 at 12:06.