+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    The birth centre we were at is considered public and dd was born underwater too. Isn't that why its a 'water' birth as they're born in water?

Sent from my HTC Desire X using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Public me too. I loved the water as it helped me relax and great pain reliever. As for positions initially I knelt into DH's lap (he sat on the edge with his legs in the water) but then I changed to sitting on his feet with him behind me. That way I was semi reclined so could rest. He pushed me closer to the midwife during each contraction. I don't remember feeling floaty. The midwife put a mirror in the bottom of the pool so he could see what was going on. I had to get put to birth the placenta (hospital policy) so DH and midwife helped me out while I held DS, wasn't too difficult. The policy at RBWH birthcentre is no waterbirth if you weigh over 100kg (incase they have to get you out in a hurry in an emergency) so that might be important to know for some people. It does get hot so make sure you have lots of water (DH kept drinking mine!) I had no stiches or grazes at all and I think that was at least partly due to birthing in water so I highly recommend.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Subbing, can you have a water birth as a public patient? (I'm not pregnant but considering water when the time comes for #2)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've decided on water birth & I'm doing it at the Royal Brisbane Women's Hospital in the Birth Centre it is public, but you need to be selected to do it... They will only allow low risk pregnancies in birth centre ... They won't let you have a water birth in normal birth suite. It's definitely not illegal, but some hospitals won't do them... I am originally from the Sunshine Coast & I know nambour doesn't offer water births, but will allow you to labour in the bath. Each hospital has different policies.

I made my decision based on all the great feedback I got from the women who shared their stories with me on here. If you do want to, just do your research on hospitals in your local area & hopefully you will find one that offers it

Thanks
    Reviews
    I went through the public system with a little local hospital and had two water births but you have to be low risk and midwife had to be trained to do a water birth but no issues. I guess it depends on the hospital.

Sent from my e1901_v77_cxq_asx using The Bub Hub mobile app

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I find water helps me feel safe and it makes me feel more supported when in positions. Both my water births were at home.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My third was a waterbirth and it was beautiful. My first was induced so hard to compare it to that, second was niggly pain all day, then quite fast and very painful once my water broke, and then my third was lovely but longer than the second. I kind of got a bit bored and impatient to be honest. It was like it hurt, but it was more frustrating waiting for my body to do its thing so I could hold my baby lol!

It was by far the least painful of the three births, and the most relaxing and satisfying. I really loved it. I remember feeling very warm and needing my husband to keep wiping my face with a cool cloth- it was only my face that felt warm, the rest of my body felt good. And like someone else said, getting out after he was born was hard, I felt so heavy after floating for so long (I think I was in the tub for about 3 hours)!

I had a waterbirth planned for number four but ended up having twins, and there was no way anyone was gonna support me having them in the bath! It ended up being my easiest birth out of all of them though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Following. Also interested in a water birth.

Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I really wanted to have a water birth this time but our hospital doesn't provide this service. However, you can sit in their blow up pool until pushing stage but then you need to hop out.

The alternative was they allow you to sit on a mattress in the shower and birth.

A little disappointing because I hear so many wonderful water birth experiences.

Me 👩 36; DF 👨 34
    DS 🐢 07/02/97
    DD 🐝 27/09/99
    DS 🐳 26/04/02
    DD 🐞 06/09/06
    DD 🐣 Due 03/12/14

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'd love one this time round.