+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Water Birth Experiences

Hi, I am due to give birth to my first baby in May & would like to do a water birth.

I would love you to share your experiences with water birth. The positives/negatives?

To the women who have had multiple births, did you find the water birth easier than other births?

Would really love to hear your stories/advice...

Thanks in advance

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello there

I dont get on here often, so i probably wont get to see your reply, but i thought id like to contribute my 2 cents worth.

I gave birth to our daughter last May, my 1st waterbirth and hopefully wont be my last. All i can say is that it was beautiful. My previous 3 births had all been on land, well you know what i mean. The water gives you so so much comfort and support and privacy as well. Only negative thing is that the water has to be kept at an optimum temp and i wd have preferred a big round tub i.e more room as opposed to the hospital/birthing unit corner baths, but it was an incredible experience. I had no burning pain, i cd relax, well relax as much as i cd possibly hope to. I wd have loved to have stayed in there longer after the birth but again the temp had dropped and there was too much blood in the water. Just a beautiful experience, highly recommended and i hope so much that you get to have the experience
    p.s i had to fight tooth and nail to have a water birth as my initial hospital was against due to my age and the fact that i was a egg donor recipient. I had a doula as well, which was a tremendous help as well as a trainee midwife who still was with me/us despite being frm the 'negative' hospital.

Best of luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Subscribing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you so much for sharing your experience. I am going through a birth centre that are very pro-water birth which is great... As I know they will be very supportive! Have heard nothing but good things about water birth. Did you use any pain relief? Did you find that the pain was much more bearable in comparison to your other births?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by cassieh View Post
    Thank you so much for sharing your experience. I am going through a birth centre that are very pro-water birth which is great... As I know they will be very supportive! Have heard nothing but good things about water birth. Did you use any pain relief? Did you find that the pain was much more bearable in comparison to your other births?
    I had a waterbirth for my second and it was even better than my first. My first was an induction so I had a bit of interference and monitoring to deal with but still got by with no pain relief apart from hypnobirthing. My waterbirth was so good I didn't feel my baby crown and had to ask if I had given birth or if my waters had broken. (it was both lol) My poor hubby didn't even have a chance to get into the tub to do the catching as I was just enjoying floating and relaxing in the water with no space for him and then bub was born so quickly I was still waiting for transition and crowning etc. I think relaxation makes all the difference.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I tried to have a water birth for my first but had to get you for the actual birth.
    Second time around he was coming so fast I almost didn't get in to the pool in time.
    Was in for 5 min then 2 pushes and he was out.
    I loved it both times and can't wait for my next one.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default re-hi there

Quote Originally Posted by cassieh View Post
    Sorry didnt get back to you sooner, didnt think post got thru. Nope didnt use any pain relief, but i did have a doula which is a 'birth attendant' Although my hubby was there for all the support in the world, being a 1st time dad i didnt want to stress or freak him out. I used my doula for every inch she was worth but other support staff as well. Just tried to nod off and go into a deep thinking process, much like hypno birthing. I suppose you wd so i was in tune with myself. Nope no pain relief that is the beauty of it, couldnt feel the burning that you wd get on dry land, just the deep down feeling of bubby making her way down ever so closer to being born. And yes pain much for bearable, water vs dry land, water any time and i hope, no we will do it again for our next bubby too.H

Thanks
    Reviews
    Excellent! I'm definitely doing water birth... Really looking forward to it... Have heard such positive things, so really looking forward to it fingers crossed all goes to plan !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Best of luck! Dd was born in water (birth centre also) and I will definitely aim to birth in water for any future pregnancies.

I had no form of pain relief other than the water so it must have helped as I'm known to be a bit of a sook

Sent from my HTC Desire X using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I had a waterbirth with my 2nd. It was the quickest waterbirth ever lol.
    Got to the hospital feeling the need to push. I figured I had a while to go as my water hasn't broken.
    Bath was so nice, but I didn't have the time to enjoy it. The moment I squated in the water. My body went on autopilot and pushed. And a giant white bubble came up, it was my waters, and instantly I was crowning. I pushed and out he came in 7mins.
    The pros, the ring of fire when crowning was alot less, errr firey.
    The con and only con, was the hard attempt of trying to get out of the spa holding a baby, and a body that felt heavy and weak at the same time. Took every ounce of my remaining strength to move.

Even if I was only in the tub for a short amount of time, I loved my water birthday.