Want to try and get our daughter into out of area school (it's still close, just different).
The local school is REALLY rough and most neighbours and friends we know send their kids out of area, otherwise it would have been balanced and fine!
We have the paperwork and want to be honest, but don't know which of our reasons we should emphasise.
Our reasons (off the top of my head):
* We want a balanced, fair and safe environment
* We want our child to have the opportunity to work at their level and for the teachers to have high expectations of all students no matter their ability
* We want our children to go to school with a mix of demographics and SES families
* We want a school environment where education is valued
* We want our children to have the opportunity to participate in extra-curricular activities
* We want our children to enjoy their learning experience, make friends and be happy to go there everyday
* We want our children's school to be nearby and to be involved in their learning community
How have other people gone with this sort of situation and what sort of reasons were acceptable?