+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks guys. DS2 is 4wks on Tuesday - is it too early to use Infacol?

I've got a swing but when he's really worked up, it doesn't help. He just wants to be held and preferably on my shoulder/chest. He's ok with tummy time already, but again not when upset. He won't take a dummy (tried several!), just wants to feed for comfort. My nips are so sore!

I just hate seeing him in pain though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pesca77 View Post
    Thanks guys. DS2 is 4wks on Tuesday - is it too early to use Infacol?

I've got a swing but when he's really worked up, it doesn't help. He just wants to be held and preferably on my shoulder/chest. He's ok with tummy time already, but again not when upset. He won't take a dummy (tried several!), just wants to feed for comfort. My nips are so sore!

I just hate seeing him in pain though.
    That sounds just like my Ds as a newbie. It is so incredibly stressful. Are you able to get someone to come over and hold Ds2 to give you a break. I did not find any quick fixes for mine. Colic formulas and Infacol were a waste of time.

What was helpful though was...infant tummy massage, check out YouTube, search 'colic massage'...nice warm baths for the pain and 15 scream-free minutes...and, I also believed that a probiotic really helped. They can take this from birth.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Albert01 For This Useful Post:

Pesca77  (29-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ask a pharmacist about the infacol. I know that infants friend can be used from birth

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Pesca infacol is fine, apparently it's ok for bubs younger than a month but they just put it on there just in case.

Feeding for comfort might make it worse, it's tricky though because of course you want to offer comfort to him.

Hope it improves soon, I am so in awe of you and what an amazing job you are doing with those boys.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by duckduckgoose View Post
    Pesca infacol is fine, apparently it's ok for bubs younger than a month but they just put it on there just in case.

Feeding for comfort might make it worse, it's tricky though because of course you want to offer comfort to him.

Hope it improves soon, I am so in awe of you and what an amazing job you are doing with those boys.
    Thank-you! But I don't feel like I'm doing an amazing job right now. I hate not being able to relieve his pain, meanwhile DS1 is not getting enough attention and gets upset when DS2 cries. Mumma fix bubba, sad'. It's so damn cute but also heartbreaking! We'll get there though....

You are totally right on over feeding him - he ends up spewing most back at me! But it's literally the only thing to sooth him sometimes.

I'll google the colic massage, thanks Albert1.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The feeling I had when my baby was crying uncontrollably was just indescribable...horrible.

The crying was stop start...my Ds would scream, go quiet for a few second and I would think it was over and then it would start all over again.

Colic is supposed to be something that occurs in the afternoon and evening but it seemed to be constant to me...or maybe that is just how I remember it.

When I went to the Paed he suggested that I remove all dairy from diet for two weeks to see if my Ds had milk protein allergy. As it turned out, he didn't, but you could also look into that...

And have a look into lactose intolerance too? Block feeding can be helpful for that.

For us it was just time and lots of strategising on coping and getting through.