+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Evap line when inverted

Asking on behalf of a friend-
    Did a test, got a clearly noticeable second line but couldn't tell if it had colour or not (she forgot about the test until a couple of days later). She inverted the pic and the line still clearly visible. She asked a couple of friends and they both reckon the second line was pink. But she wants to know if an evap line will show up when the photo is inverted?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Maybe she should try a digital? Or do another test....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Evaps can still show when inverted. If she is unable to determine that there is any pink/blue line then is say she needs to test again anyway.

The digital tests didn't pick up my pregnancy with my second child for ages but First response did at 7DPO so I'm not sure that I have a lot of faith in digitals this early (if she is in fact pregnant)

I'd say because she has waited a few days from when she done the Test to when she inverted the test if she was pregnant the line would be pretty defined by now so I'd tell her to purchase another test.

:-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Thanks. I assumed it would show but wanted to double check. She did another test this morning and while there is no actual line in the test window, it appears the dye has spread (like a smudge), which neither of us have seen before but taking it as negative. So she is testing again tomorrow morning and if nothing she is going to leave it as she is not pregnant.

(FYI Twoalready, I avoid FRER at all costs, after getting several false positives. I used a digital with my last daughter at 7dpo and got an accurate result, FRER didn't show a positive for another week).

Thanks for the help ladies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    The original test Attachment 33439

The second test (FMU this morning)- notice the dye "smudge" in the test window?
    Attachment 33440