+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Sleeping for a 3 week old...

I'm probably doing something very wrong, or very right. I'm not sure which... My DS is 3 weeks old and I don't know if this is bad or not. He doesn't always sleep much during the day, but he isn't a cat napper. He will feed normally every 2-3 hrs during the day, sometimes cluster feeding with feeds every half hour. But at night he sleeps for anywhere between 5 and 7 hours. So my question is, is this bad? Should I be waking him for feeds more often at night? Oh and I'm breastfeeding on demand too

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sounds great to me - enjoy the sleep while it lasts! No way I would be waking during the night if I didn't have to (assuming no medical issues/ok weight gain)

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD was very much like your bubs. She was sleeping 5 hrs a few days after birth, and by 6 weeks, she slept (and still does) for 10 -12hrs straight!

I was told not to wake her, as long as they are gaining weight it is ok. I just kept an eye on my supply, and expressed during the night occasionally.

Thanks
    Reviews
    He was gaining enough to keep the CHN happy at our 10 day meeting. And he has 5-6 wet nappies a day. There have been no health problems at all. My gp ob is so happy with how everything is going. I see him frequently because of my meds. I just thought it could be a bad thing for my supply or even him... I'm glad that others have had this too

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    My baby is now just over three weeks and she has slept 7-8 hours the last two nights.
    I don't know if I should be worried?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by May baby View Post
    My baby is now just over three weeks and she has slept 7-8 hours the last two nights.
    I don't know if I should be worried?!
    As the other posts said to me, enjoy the sleep. Is she breast or formula fed? Oh and just so you know, it doesn't last... My DS started sleeping 9 hours regularly, then about 2 weeks ago started having a sleep regression and waking in the night. Now he wakes at 3ish every morning. He's just over 3 months old

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    She's breast feed, thinking of changing to formula over the coming weeks. In guess I should just enjoy it while it lasts

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DS is still breast fed. He's only ever had one bottle of formula and that was just to see if he would accept or reject it. I tell you what may baby, I miss sleeping through the night, but can't complain with what I have... Only one waking in the night. Oh and don't be surprised when your DD changes the game on you again. Seems to happen every day. Lol

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app