+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default What do you think about Norwest Private (in Sydney)

Hi I'd love some feedback about Norwest private in Bella vista. What was it like? Also I'm thinking about choosing dr Matthew Wilson as my ob anyone have any feed back on him?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Other people rave about Dr Matthew Wilson, and I know why, he is lovely and charming, good looking etc however he looked after me at Norwest (great) but I would never go back to him. I knew something was wrong all along with my pregnancy and he just dismissed it as anxiety and my baby died at 16 weeks ... when it came to finding out what was wrong with the baby, I just got a copy of the pathology report in the mail, no appointment, no letter with it, no warning... just a copy of the report saying it was a boy and the condition it had. No follow up call, nothing. Im still not over it. Terrible treatment. I know this is not the case for everyone, just wanted to post my experience.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Disney View Post
    Hi I'd love some feedback about Norwest private in Bella vista. What was it like? Also I'm thinking about choosing dr Matthew Wilson as my ob anyone have any feed back on him?
    I'm not a huge fan of norwest. I've been in 4 times in the last 5 years. The nursing staff have been pretty ordinary and I had one bad experience with an anaesthetist there too. I'm having another op in 2 weeks and have decided to go to the SAN instead. I've heard Dr Wilson is excellent but haven't had him myself. I have Dr Bevan Brown who is fantastic! Didn't like Dr Bell at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your feedback on Dr Bevan Brown. I hope to go to the SAN too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IBelieve View Post
    Other people rave about Dr Matthew Wilson, and I know why, he is lovely and charming, good looking etc however he looked after me at Norwest (great) but I would never go back to him. I knew something was wrong all along with my pregnancy and he just dismissed it as anxiety and my baby died at 16 weeks ... when it came to finding out what was wrong with the baby, I just got a copy of the pathology report in the mail, no appointment, no letter with it, no warning... just a copy of the report saying it was a boy and the condition it had. No follow up call, nothing. Im still not over it. Terrible treatment. I know this is not the case for everyone, just wanted to post my experience.
    Wow, that really sucks. I am so sorry you had to go through that. I hope this feedback gets back to him, these Drs need to understand their jobs aren't just physical care and that their actions (or lack there of) can have life long emotional impact on their patients.

I hope you can talk to a counsellor or someone to help you recover xxx

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bedlover For This Useful Post:

IBelieve  (26-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IBelieve View Post
    Thanks for your feedback on Dr Bevan Brown. I hope to go to the SAN too
    Yes we have seen him for various OB and Gynae issues for the last 6 or 7 years and he delivered my DS. I find him really genuine, caring and a good mix of on the ball but laid back! X

8. The Following User Says Thank You to bel2466 For This Useful Post:

IBelieve  (26-03-2014)