+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Cost of IUI in Western Australia

Hi,
    Can anyone please tell me how much they paid for IUI and which clinic they went to. My partner and I are wanting to start a family and don't know which clinic to go to. We don't have private health cover and I'm not too sure how the Medicare safety net works, but we just want to know how much up front we will need. Any other information would be appreciated.
    Thanx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, me and my girlfriend are currently doing iui at fertility north in Joondalup . For each iui procedure it costs $1695 ! That's including your cycle tracking. But there is way more fees than that. You have to have all the tests and everything first. The counselling sessions and me and my partner because we are a lesbian couple had to also buy donor sperm . So far we have spent about $6500 . And we only had our first iui on the 25th of march as we had to cancel our first two cycles . Hope this helps good luck !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you so much for replying
    I was expecting around $6000 for one try but it is so hard to get prices off them. I've emailed and rang a few and they give some prices but then it always says there is others as well but won't say how much these other charges are. We have almost $4000 saved so was thinking we could start the process and then by the time we need more we'll have that too. How long was your waiting time for sperm? I've been told to expect 12-18months? Do you have any results yet? How exciting for you both, good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    The donor list is at a low so I'm not sure how long you'll have to wait. We only got given one donor and no others to choose from but we were very lucky that we loved the first profile we got given! Are you also needing a donor? If you are that is the most expensive part! Our sperm cost $3600 for 5 vials . It is more expensive if you choose to have an overseas donor but you get way more information and a photo of them as a baby. We are very excited but are trying not to be incase we get let down but oh well we'll just keep trying if it didn't work!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and you will have to wait 6 months after you first contact them as well because you have to have a counselling session and then a cooling of period for 6 months then another counselling session at the end of it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all!

I live in Perth and just started the journey to have a baby as a single! It's an exciting time but a little scary... After my first apt at concept they have said it could be an 18mth wait, anyone have experience there, is 18mths realistic?? Do other wa clinics have the same wait on donor sperm?

Anyway happy to be here and meet people in similar situations or different

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenandsquid View Post
    Hi all!

I live in Perth and just started the journey to have a baby as a single! It's an exciting time but a little scary... After my first apt at concept they have said it could be an 18mth wait, anyone have experience there, is 18mths realistic?? Do other wa clinics have the same wait on donor sperm?

Anyway happy to be here and meet people in similar situations or different
    Hi
    I would like to tell my story.
    I have a stunning 17 month old daughter.
    I went overseas to America to have an IUI performed.
    The whole process cost under $1,500 but not including my flights to San Fran.

I researched for 2 yrs and found the best fertility clinic i could but i also detoxed and took a pile of vitamins my naturopath told me i needed.

The donor i used came from Crobank. It cost $615 per vial at the time.
    I'm now looking to try for a second bub soon in Australia.

The catch i had buying the sperm was i needed a Dr in American so i could purchase. This can be done with a phone interview etc.

If anyone needs any help or advice send me a message and i'll do my best to help.
    I'm also a single Mum.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @jessandshell: from the sound of it, u r planning to use donor. As far as i know, only 3 clinics here use anon donor sperm. The waiting time ranging from 1--2 yrs. Hollywood only does known donor. 3 clinics that I know of are concept, pivet and fertility North. I only have experience with the first two. Concept doesn't charge you anything to get onto the list. Pivet charges $500 and every 6 month you need to pay $100 to remain on the list (this was 2 yrs ago when we first look into it). However, the donor options are very limited.

As for iui, you don't need phi. Because there is no day surgery involves. For concept, $1400 out front + sperm fee. $1000 OOP. Sperm is $400. So total $1400 OOP per cycle. Other fees will include dr consultation, counselling and extra test. In that $1000 OOP, It includes fees (no idea what) can't be claimed with Medicare. In the end, it will take you about 5 iui cycles to reach safety net, which is $2k. I don't have first hand experience. I know this from my other friend. So $4k will get u 2 cycles or so.

I am not sure about the 6 months cooling off period. This sounds like using the known donor.

The wait is so long here in wa because they don't allow to import sperms. The last time I heard. Concept is looking into it but they have been saying it for a year now.

If you can't wait like me, go eastern states. But some of them also have wait time. Fee varies. The one I went with has quite a long wait for iui and the fees is actually not much different than an IVF cycle -- to encourage ppl to do IVF, I believe. I did IVF in the end with oversea donor. More $$$ but better success rate than iui.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Cost of IUI in Western Australia

Kazamboo77: my understanding is that your approach would be doing it in the U.S.? You can get US sperms now in the eastern states. Unfortunately, you cant buy and import into Australia.

Also, another option would be import the sperms to Asia. Eg: Singapore which is a short flight from wa. However, the logistic is a nightmare and you are paying the same $ for an IVF cycle here.

Ps: someone probably can answer this better than me. If OP is in a same sex relationship, I don't think it is eligible for Medicare rebate? I know single can't.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, this is a very old thread, I actually started using s clinic in Melbourne and I'm pregnant

Thanks for taking the time though!