+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default C-Section Timing

So I have to have another c-section. I can almost deal with that without crying now. But I had repeatedly told myself the one good thing about it would be that it would be earlier than bubs due date.......

But BARELY!

I have just today received the paperwork about it - my due date is the 31st March (Easter Sunday) and I am booked in for the 28th March. That means I will be in hospital for most of the Easter break. I will be 39 weeks and 4 days and that's not early. Grumble grumble grumble. Whinge whinge whinge. The rest of my family is going away for Easter and, having just moved home after living interstate for 6 years (!) I had thought we might have got to go for a little bit too. Now my mum (bless her) is talking about cancelling her trip (which I in equal measure want and don't want) to help out. It all sucks.

That is all.

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I had DD (my fourth caesarean) at 39+3 because my ob was on holidays until then. I was so worried about going into labour! But all was well, and on the up side it's so good for bub to have that extra time cooking.

I'm sorry about the sucky timing, it is meant to be one of our consolations that the whole thing can be a bit more convenient!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks lambjam.

Secretly I've been hoping to go into labour so they have to do it early but I know that's silly seeing as my last baby was 16 days over in my failed VBAC attempt.

Really I'm just well over being pregnant and uncomfortable already. This is my third and I'm feeling old and worn out (perhaps having DS 2 and DS3 add to that) and my husband seems disengaged and disinterested in this pregnancy.

Oh dear, a pity party for myself here. Might go soak in the bath and think about the fun parts of being pregnant cause I am certainly not doing it again!
    Last edited by Radio; 15-03-2013 at 19:05.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Do you think you would be up for a holiday with a newborn? Is it your first?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    You and your bubba are more important than an Easter holiday. Don't feel bad about the timing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey at least it's not Christmas
    The closer to your date the better it is for your baby and that's what matters most by the time your date comes you won't care less about the rest of the stuff your worried about so chin up and enjoy your bath

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Would you have really felt comfortable going away for Easter if your due date was the Sunday anyway?? Personally I wouldn't want to be far from my hospital at that stage!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pesca77 View Post
    Would you have really felt comfortable going away for Easter if your due date was the Sunday anyway?? Personally I wouldn't want to be far from my hospital at that stage!
    Ooh no but I had just hoped to have it done and dusted you see! I seem to heal well from the csections and had no worries about going away with brand spanking new bulb as I would have my large pile of family there to help out with the other kidlets so I could rest up find enjoy new bulb.

Oh well, only 13 days to go!

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    Oh well, only 13 days to go!
    Squeee! I'm so stalking you now