+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by anewme View Post
    DD has been talking about volunteering for a organization that puts on formals for same sex kids because it is a huge problem.
    Do you know the organizations name? Would love to support something like this if such blatant discrimination exists for those so young, brave and sure of who they are to stand up for themselves and their rights early on! GAH this whole thing has me fuming right now!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tootsiegirl View Post
    Wow!

So it must be ok then to be gay/lesbian if your 'doing' that with one of the schools existing pupils and not an outsider who I guess may have learnt at their school a different understanding of same sex relationships???!!!
    The rule included if the two girls were both year 12's at the school and were just going to go with their best friend.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh gosh have they not learnt from the media explosion when that happened at a private school in Melbourne?? Here's a link.

http://www.smh.com.au/national/educa...109-17m29.html

It was front page news down here for days, the whole state was outraged, pretty sure it was on ACA or Today Tonight or both.

I'd suggest she call the media. With all of the efforts to crack down on bullying LGBT teens at school, it will not go down well.
    Last edited by shelle65; 15-03-2013 at 19:42.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by wannawannabe View Post
    The rule included if the two girls were both year 12's at the school and were just going to go with their best friend.
    Sorry, not sure I have the whole gist. Did they have to bring a partner only of the opposite sex? Surely even a different sex couple of a same school wouldn't register as going as a 'couple' and would just attend? Or Is this about listing 'couples' for seating etc? My formal was much more laid back than this I'm thinking!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by tootsiegirl View Post
    Sorry, not sure I have the whole gist. Did they have to bring a partner only of the opposite sex? Surely even a different sex couple of a same school wouldn't register as going as a 'couple' and would just attend? Or Is this about listing 'couples' for seating etc? My formal was much more laid back than this I'm thinking!
    My formal wasn't like this but I know some schools do the whole arrive on the red carpet and walk in individually or as a couple so perhaps two girls walking along the red carpet is the issue?

Thanks
    Reviews
    My daughter took a female as her date, and also her best friend took a female for her date. The dates didnt go to the school. The school had no problem with this at all. They had pics taken and no issue at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    WTF?We never did that at school,that was 12 years ago though hahaI took a guy from work who was waaaaayyy older than me,nobody cared who we took as a date.Girls went together all the time!(and prob boys)