+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    The statutory declaration you have to provide to BDM is a letter written by you explaining why your child's father isn't on the cert, the lengths you have gone to to contact him, and then signed by a Justice of the Peace

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Marepoppin For This Useful Post:

αληθη  (15-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Marepoppin View Post
    The statutory declaration you have to provide to BDM is a letter written by you explaining why your child's father isn't on the cert, the lengths you have gone to to contact him, and then signed by a Justice of the Peace
    I did this, births, deaths and marriages didn't accept it. Of course my situation is different, my fob simply didn't want to be named, but BDM would only accept it after they spoke to him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    I never put fob on DS birth cert. I just sent it in with 'not known' in the fathers section and the birth cert was sent out a few weeks later with the fathers details blank.
    For the centrelink side of things, i had about a minute long phone interview with a social worker. She granted me the exemption on claiming child support and that was it.
    I think it's a lot harder these days. As others have said they make you sign stat decs and take 'reasonable' steps to track down fobs for birth cert and child support.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It really depends on whether you want him on the birth certificate or not.

If not, then simply tick 'father unknown' as PP said. If questioned, say it was a one-night stand.

If you do want him listed, or want to claim child support, then yes it will be a PITA getting stat decs etc

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    If you have him on the birth certificate, and if you will be claiming a sole parenting payment you may be required to pursue child support from him (but csa could track him down for that). But that rule my have changed.

*sorry, bowing out of the sole parents section now*

αληθη is offline BH name read as Aleethee
    Winner 2012 - One most likely to be hacked by Nomsie
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hmm okay. I don't particularly want him on the birth cert or to get child support from him because he's ditched us and has gone to lengths to remove all communication from me. The stat dec sounds scary but I think anything legal scares me

Sent from my talky stick

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by αληθη View Post
    Hmm okay. I don't particularly want him on the birth cert or to get child support from him because he's ditched us and has gone to lengths to remove all communication from me. The stat dec sounds scary but I think anything legal scares me

Sent from my talky stick
    In that case then maybe go with the father not known option. I mean honestly, he's been a total bell end by skipping out. You're both better off without him.

What a douche.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to WineTime For This Useful Post:

αληθη  (15-03-2013)

brydz is offline blessed with everyone amazing in my life
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Since he has gone to that much effort to disappear I would leave it alone if I was in that situation. Just tell the registry it was a fling and you didn't get his details. Better for you and your child in the short term and if he ever changes his mind he isn't listed on the certificate so it would be harder for him to just come back and stake his claim iykwim

11. The Following User Says Thank You to brydz For This Useful Post:

αληθη  (16-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HarvestMoon View Post
    I never put fob on DS birth cert. I just sent it in with 'not known' in the fathers section and the birth cert was sent out a few weeks later with the fathers details blank.
    For the centrelink side of things, i had about a minute long phone interview with a social worker. She granted me the exemption on claiming child support and that was it.
    I think it's a lot harder these days. As others have said they make you sign stat decs and take 'reasonable' steps to track down fobs for birth cert and child support.
    Its still pretty easy. One friend said that it was a one night stand and she knew nothing about the guy and the other said he wasnt on the BC and she cant find him gave the name and she had to make 2 phone calls to a guy with that name she got no answer and got the expemtion

Quote Originally Posted by αληθη View Post

Sent from my talky stick
    I would just leave him off and say you have no clue and get an exemption less of a headache and less of a chance he will decide he wants to visit only because he has to pay. Good luck

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Lovemyfam For This Useful Post:

αληθη  (16-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovemyfam View Post
    Its still pretty easy. One friend said that it was a one night stand and she knew nothing about the guy and the other said he wasnt on the BC and she cant find him gave the name and she had to make 2 phone calls to a guy with that name she got no answer and got the expemtion

I would just leave him off and say you have no clue and get an exemption less of a headache and less of a chance he will decide he wants to visit only because he has to pay. Good luck
    I think a lot comes down to who you see. I know someone who was raped and is recieving the basic rate of FTB because she can't come up with a name. The social worker told her that she would have a police report if it really were rape

The issue of saying you don't know who it is and him reappearing one day/the truth coming out is you could be done for fraud.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HarvestMoon For This Useful Post:

αληθη  (16-03-2013),Mommi Wren  (16-03-2013)