+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week

Default Your clomid experiences

We have been ttc 21 months, and this month after always getting pos OPK's, I've realised thru temping I'm not ovulating. After getting a pos on Monday and it not happening, I again have gotten a pos today, so my body is obviously trying again.

I've just started seeing a gyno and have several tests and procedures coming up in the next few weeks. The gyno told me if I'm not ovulating he's going to put me on clomid. Clearly that is what I will be put on next month at my next appointment.

So please share your experiences - side effects? how many cycles before you got a BFP? What can I expect?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hey

My fertility problem was always that I don't ovulate, and when trying to conceive DD I was put on Clomid (that was after just over a year of trying naturally). That time it worked first cycle! I had no side effects, as I took it at night (which I was advised to do to minimise side effects), and I got pregnant first go.

2nd time around, I wasn't quite as lucky. I did 5 Clomid cycles (again after trying naturally for a while), but unfortunately no joy. We then moved on to FSH injections, and then FSH + IUI for 5 cycles - which again didn't work. The 2nd time it took IVF to get us over the line.

My FS felt that my body was trying to ovulate, but wasn't ovulating 'properly', and often not producing enough oestrogen for the lining to thicken up as it should.

I will keep everything crossed for you that Clomid is just what your body needs to get things happening!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    I'm getting the pos OPK's so my LH is high enough, it just seems I'm not releasing the egg. Were you getting pos OPK's? I've had EWCM on and off for 11 days so it seems my estrogen is high too. Guess I'll have to wait for blood results for another 3 weeks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    I'm getting the pos OPK's so my LH is high enough, it just seems I'm not releasing the egg. Were you getting pos OPK's? I've had EWCM on and off for 11 days so it seems my estrogen is high too. Guess I'll have to wait for blood results for another 3 weeks
    The first time around, no. The 2nd time I was, but apparently still not ovulating.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi I was on clomid for three months for unexplained infertility. It didn't work for me unfortunately. I also got every side effect under the sun! Plus it turned me into a crazy emotional person the whole time!
    I hope you have a better experience!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DD - 4th cycle of 100mg Clomid.

DS - years of trying ivf etc (long saga). Ended up conceiving on 4th cycle of 150mg Clomid (lower doses weren't making me O)

No side effects :-) My miracle drug!

Sent from my HTC One X using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have PCOS and conceived 1st cycle on Clomid with DD.

My side effects were hot flushes and extreme cramps when I ovulated. But it was all worth it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    It's really reassuring to see clomid works for most. Praying it works for me as I'm needing some good luck for a change

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am on my first cycle of Clomid, as far as I know no side effects yet, I am due for AF in 7 days so works for me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im on my second round of clomid at 50mg. Was diagnosied with PCOS. First Clomid cycle I didnt ovulate.

What is everyone else experience and how long were you on your clomid cycle for? What dosage did you take.?

Im wondering if im better off just going straight to IVF?

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app