+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Due in Nov 2013

Hi,

I just found out today my husband and I are expecting our first child mid Nov!! Day one and I am in information overdrive and don't even know where to begin.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Due mid Nov

Hi and congratulations!
    We're due around the same time. It's very exciting if not a little overwhelming!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We just found out today too. Very excited as we had only just started trying and thought it would take longer.

i am also not quite sure what to do now. Do I visit the doctor for a blood test to confirm?

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    You'll need to get confirmation of the preg from your GP so you can get a referral to the hospital to book in, and get referral for your 12 week scan.

If you're going private, book in with your obstetrician ASAP.

I booked into a birth centre at 4w4d and they had few vacancies left!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the reply rainbow road.

I found quite a lot of information regarding the process on hospital pages. Some of them have lists of the tests you can get, the different types of maternity care, how to book in for your delivery, etc. So I thought that might be helpful to check out the hospital website for any other first timers.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Found out that am pregnant via home kit but GP didn't do a blood test. Is that normal??? And where are all the good Obs gone??? everyone is busy or on leave
    Anyone around the N.Sydney area??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there
    I'm due 17th November too

Kash14: my GP didn't do a blood test either.
    Did you find an obstetrician? I'm in Brisbane so no help, but I'm booked to see mine on Friday. Wish me luck.

Has anyone else got morning sickness?
    I'm struggling at the moment. It should be called all day and night sickness!

Has anyone booked their 12 week scans yet?

Jx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am completely over my morning sickness. It comes and goes but the worst part is that smells are just making me feel so nauseous.

I booked in my 12 week scan earlier this week. My GP I went to initially was very unhelpful and didn't tell me I needed to book it in, nor did she give me a referral. So I've found a new GP and had a good chat with receptionist (who was more informative than the original GP) and I booked in the scan with the hospital and will pick up the referral at my appointment next week.