+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default More braxton hicks = quick labour?

Is there any evidence for this theory?
    I'm pregnant with #4 and my BH are full on. Much more than any of my other pregnancies.
    I was in for foetal heart monitoring yesterday and my BH were registering as nice strong contractions every 4-5 minutes.
    They thought I was in early labour (clearly I'm not though!)
    They aren't effacing or dilating my cervix so I'm just putting up with them. I've gone into labour naturally at 34, 38 and 39 weeks previously.
    I'll be 38 weeks this weekend.
    DH has been offered tickets to something about an hour and a half away on Friday night... I know he wants to go but I'm so worried about this baby just falling out with all the pre labour I've been having (having some "show" come away as well)
    Then he wants to watch his son play football on Sunday which again is over an hour away!
    I don't want to keep him chained to the house but am so worried that something will happen and he won't be here!
    So with all of that info..what would you do??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I thought as much! I'm sure I will know if it's the real deal by now!

Thanks
    Reviews
    44 weeks....
    Good.God!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to faroutbrusselsprout For This Useful Post:

αληθη  (09-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I don't blame you for wanting DH to stick close.. Its not like he can watch his baby be born next time like he can with sons football etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is it Braxton hicks, or early labour? I'm pretty sure there's a difference. If its early labour, I probably wouldn't want my DF to be too far away. Your description makes me think early labour.
    I had more Braxton hicks during my second pregnancy (maybe I just felt them more during my second pregnancy, I've heard that's the case usually), and my labour was quicker than my first one, but I don't believe there is a connection between the two.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had them bad from about 34 weeks, quite strong, regular and uncomfy! Had bub at 41 weeks naturally, in about 3 hours.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I never had braxton hicks so I can't answer that part, but if you wouldn't forgive him for missing the birth I wouldn't let him go.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    Braxton Hicks through both dd's pregnancies. Induced at 39 weeks with dd1. contractions started at midnight, waters broke at 6.15, born at 6.55 .

Dd2: waters broke at 34 weeks at 9.15 am, contractions started at 9.20 at 2 minutes apart, ambulance ride and medication to slow labour while being transferred to a nicu hospital, arrive at 1.10pm, born at 1.50 pm. While it seems like it took a while for dd2 I was being given medication to slow it down. As soon as I arrived at the big hospital they ceased meds and dd2 came pretty quick.

Braxton Hicks were more stronger and regular with dd2. But we also have a family history of FAST labours. Don't know if that helps.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had heaps with Lace, she was born 4 hours after my water broke. I think I may have actually asked the same question?

Went into PTL with the girls 3 times and was induced, 9 hours later was in theatre.

I hope for your sake it's helping!

Thanks
    Reviews
    with ds1 (#1) I felt no bh and labour was 12 hours (plus 4 days prelabour and contractions never got regular). 40+1.

with my dd (#2) I had bh from 32w and she was born 40+1 in 2h 50m. very efficient bub and uterus!

with this bub now, I've been having bh since 8w and they've started to get real intense (now 30w). I'm curious whether I'll have another quick one .. I can't imagine another 10 weeks of this too lol