+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey all,

Have any of you had bloods for Progesterone levels? My charting tells me I ovulate every month, so I'm not sure why the doc sent me for the bloods.

I hate having bloods, I faint just about every time afterwards. This time DH came with me though, so I was able to lay down the entire time. Am only now starting to feel normal - YEY for Frappes = sugar!

The doc said to have it done on CD21, but today was CD23 so I'm hoping it's still OK.

So I just wanted to ask if anyone knows what your levels should be, what's good/bad, and any other info on progesterone levels?

Cheers

Kel.

ps- Congratulations to everyone with BFP's!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelsie View Post
    Hey all,

Have any of you had bloods for Progesterone levels? My charting tells me I ovulate every month, so I'm not sure why the doc sent me for the bloods.

I hate having bloods, I faint just about every time afterwards. This time DH came with me though, so I was able to lay down the entire time. Am only now starting to feel normal - YEY for Frappes = sugar!

The doc said to have it done on CD21, but today was CD23 so I'm hoping it's still OK.

So I just wanted to ask if anyone knows what your levels should be, what's good/bad, and any other info on progesterone levels?

Cheers

Kel.

ps- Congratulations to everyone with BFP's!
    I'll be doing this on Tuesday.

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Syhal View Post
    Although I'd promised myself not to retest until Sunday, my DH was too excited to let me wait that long! The line is definitely getting darker, so I guess I'll tentatively start believing my dreams have come true
    Colour me BLUE, Indigo!

Best of luck and lots of baby dust to everyone yet to test!
    Yay congrats

Thanks
    Reviews
    Your doctor might be seeing if you are actually ovulating as in releasing the egg (on time also), as your body might be doing everything else and tricking you - very sneaky sneaky of it I know.

Had Day 21-24 bloods done for probably a year when first TTC #1 (clomid). Day 23 should be fine. It depends on when you ovulate, but there is still a few days of window for them to get an idea.

What you don't want - a reading close to zero, five, etc.

What you do want - a reading around 20 from memory - but this was a few years ago now so someone else might be able to confirm that number.

We also had a lap done + clomid before falling.

Just don't watch what they are doing. Focus on something else and talk about stuff. But what does make a difference is the pathology person doing it - I've come across some really bad ones (couldn't use my hand for days after one time and didn't go back there again). Shop around for a competent person!

Edit: Forgot to say congrats to Syhal - the first page is looking soooo much better now!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Ted For This Useful Post:

Kelsie  (16-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Little Ted.

Yeah, this lady was not good at all and I'll definitely not be going back to them. She put the needle in and wriggled it around THREE times, whilst still in my arm, before she was happy she got the right spot! I couldn't believe it! How about putting it in the correct spot first love! gees....

Thanks heaps for the info. DH and I have been TTC for 7-8 months now, so she may be just checking everything is OK, despite what my charts show, as you said.... fingers crossed everything is all good. I shall soon find out! :-)

Thanks again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats Syhal, And rainbow
    Yay for all these bfps!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am due for AF on 23rd so please pop me down for then! I will probably cave in and test early though! lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by wannabeamummy87 View Post
    I am due for AF on 23rd so please pop me down for then! I will probably cave in and test early though! lol
    I'm due then too GL testing buddy!!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Chillies For This Useful Post:

wannabeamummy87  (16-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Okay...is anyone else getting a little 'nutty' in their TWW? Maybe it's because my TWW turned into a 3WW and seems a lifetime away still! CD26 - hmmmm...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I hate the TWW.... When will I see that BFP.