+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I threw a baby-q to control it myself. I told my family they could organise games, which they did at the last minute.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    No way I would be doing that OP!

Even if they offered me a return pick in a car - that is a massive day at 36 weeks. You could go at anytime from then on and I wouldn't feel at all comfortable with that much travel. It's bloody exhausting just being pregnant at that stage, let alone doing anything.

I would definitely be saying something.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    I would say something as this is not convenient or fair on you for what should be a special day all about you!

I think I would just take over planning myself so you can make all the decisions.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm 29 weeks and even now there's no way I'd sit on a train that long. It's your baby shower, it should be easy and convenient for you.
    I'm not having a baby shower, personally, but if someone tried to make me travel that far at that stage of pregnancy I doubt I would be very polite about it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    There's no way you should be that far away from your ob/hospital at that time. They're putting your health, your babies health, and your grans health at risk.

I agree with PPs, high tea or a park if they don't want to come to yours.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (14-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I spent 2 hrs on a plane at 32 weeks and I wanted to kill myself (bit melodramatic i know but it was honestly the worst thing). Be strong, say its a lovely thoughtful idea but you can't make it that far and remind them you have enough space at your house. If she persists, well I'm sure they'll have a nice photo of you up at the shower so that it'll be like you were there

Thanks
    Reviews
    3 1/2 hours return, or all up? Both are ridiculous expectations. Either way it's too far, and how do they expect you to get your presents home??????

I'd thank her, but say unless its held closer to you, the pregnant lady who is already uncomfortable without sitting on a train for hours on end, that its not happening.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would organize for the party to be at my house and to either have my gran stay overnight to break the trip up for her OR still have the party at my house but go have a separate lunch with my gran now (I think I read somewhere u were 20 weeks?) so that u can have one on one time with her while u can still do it n make her feel special too plus still get a party at a later date with other friends n relos

Thanks
    Reviews
    id also demand it be closer to me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Id just be honest and say thanks mum but its too far to travel so I will be having my shower at home (or where ever you want it) and I hope you can come.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Lincolns mummy For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (14-03-2013)