+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yup for my ex I got up at 3:30 am to make sure her clothes were ironed and creased.

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovemyfam View Post
    Yup for my ex I got up at 3:30 am to make sure her clothes were ironed and creased.
    What time did she get up to iron yours?!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lambjam For This Useful Post:

peanutmonkey  (14-03-2013),Shoopuf  (14-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep, always. Can't say I enjoy it, if I could afford to send everything to the dry cleaners I would, but that's not a luxury everyone can afford.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by loislane2010 View Post
    So DH has basically said im not doing my job as a SAHM. My job as a SAHM is to clean, cook, iron, laundry, look after the kids, garden. I feel like SH!T cos when i said 'you do realise you said im a sh!t SAHM/wife' he just raised his hands in agreement. Then he said hes not sure how much more he can take of it. Basically said he wants to leave me.
    HE shouldnt have have agreed because it hurt your feelings I think that you guys should have a night out and chat no fighting no saying either one is failing just a chat about things.

Also how would SAHM feel if the partners just didnt go to work sometimes so money wasnt coming in we have to remember that working takes a lot too and getting up when you are tired or sick and go to work to provide for a family is tough also so I can see where they can be frustrated if the house isnt clean when they get home when you work you want to come home and relax and watch some tv spend some time with the kids not have to clean after someone was home all day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lambjam View Post
    What time did she get up to iron yours?!
    Never i didnt work I was a SAHM I did my own clothes while she was at work.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Never i didnt work I was a SAHM I did my own clothes while she was at work.
    Looking after children is work. Working mothers don't get a free ride from housework, cooking and ironing. Not quite sure why some working fathers seem to think they can. I couldn't imagine coming home from work and just sitting on my bum while things need doing.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

FearlessLeader  (14-03-2013),FrothyFrog  (14-03-2013),lambjam  (14-03-2013),LoveLivesHere  (14-03-2013),peanutmonkey  (14-03-2013),Phony  (14-03-2013),Stiflers Mom  (14-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Work out the cost of the jobs you do, ie cook, cleaner, gardener, child care worker and say you will go back to work we just need to meet these expenses.

His threat to leave is stupid as then he has to iron his own shirts AND pay child support. He will be very broke and wrinkled.

For me it's about respect, and he's clearly not respecting you. I do agree the stay at home parent should do more of the housework, but not everything. Even in the 1950s the husbands still did the garden!!

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Also, ask him if the kids went to child care if he would take his shirts in to be ironed by the staff. No? Why ever not? Because their job is caring for children, not man sized babies.

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

gonnabeaGR8mum  (14-03-2013),GreenMama  (14-03-2013),Mokeybear  (14-03-2013),shelle65  (16-03-2013),Shoopuf  (14-03-2013)

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Also how would SAHM feel if the partners just didnt go to work sometimes so money wasnt coming in we have to remember that working takes a lot too and getting up when you are tired or sick and go to work to provide for a family is tough also so I can see where they can be frustrated if the house isnt clean when they get home when you work you want to come home and relax and watch some tv spend some time with the kids not have to clean after someone was home all day.
    This isn't a fair comparison. A fair comparison would replace the role of SAHM with that of a professional nanny. As a working parent how would I feel coming home to clean up after my nanny who had been caring for my children all day? I'd feel just fine, thank you!

And if I didn't want to clean, cook or do laundry I'd have to employ a house cleaner, chef and send my clothes to the cleaners, because it sure as hell wouldn't be in my nanny's contract

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lambjam For This Useful Post:

ChickyBee  (14-03-2013),LoveLivesHere  (14-03-2013),Rarity  (14-03-2013),Shoopuf  (14-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Why would you iron them and crease them again?!

OP look at your local dry cleaner. Ours does business shirts for $2 a shirt. For $10 a week it is definitely worth it for us.

I mean I think he really is acting like a spoilt brat, but outsourcing might help.