+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Lol he's going to love being single then, having to do EVERYTHING himself!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stiflers Mom For This Useful Post:

GirlsRock  (14-03-2013),lambjam  (14-03-2013)

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    What a giant tosspot. If he leaves you, who will iron his precious shirts then? Keep his house clean, cook his dinner? Honestly, some men are not too bright.
    Your job is stay at home mum, it does not mean you do EVERYTHING in your place of work. Does he clean the toilets at his work? Get the boss's lunch every day? Do the payroll? (unless he's a cleaner or PA or in payroll, lol) I can't imagine so. Why are you expected to take on every role in your workplace, then?

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

Benji  (14-03-2013),lambjam  (14-03-2013),MissMuppet  (14-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I work full time (well I did until I started maternity leave two days ago) and do 90% of the housework, including all ironing. This will continue now I'm on leave. In saying that, I'm the only person of my age (mid 20s) that I know who does that. It works for us and it makes me feel good to look after him. But that doesn't mean it works for everyone, and not doing it definitely doesn't mean you love the person any less! If i didn't do it, I'm sure my hubby would deal with that fact. Your DH is being very unreasonable!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    No, but if he wanted me to I would.
    It's his own choice to iron his own shirts and make his own lunch etc etc.
    If he is flat out with other household jobs at the weekends, or has just forgot to iron his shirts, I will do it for him no bother.
    He helps me when I need it and I help him 50/50

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We dont actually own an iron. And my husbands a truck driver so doesn't wear things that need ironing while working. I suppose if he did wear things that need an iron I'd probably be happy to do it, but only because he wouldn't expect me to.

And even then someone would have to come and teach both of us how to iron.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to WineTime For This Useful Post:

ChickyBee  (14-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I do, because he's hopeless at it!
    I suppose I have to do things myself if I want them up to my standards

Thanks
    Reviews
    OP, I used to iron DH's clothes but since I got so busy with DS1 when he was a toddler and coping with migrating here to OZ, I have stopped ironing them completely. It has been at least 6 years I stopped ironing his shirts and pants!!! He started to iron them himself and but then he decided he doesnt need to iron them anymore cos he can just wear his coat over his crumpled shirt. Fewh! that I I stopped ironing cos it really save all the time and yes, I HATE IRONING. I am a perfectionist and would take ages to iron one shirt! Ironing is torture.

In our house the iron is now hidden away hardly used!

Cant your DH buy crease-free shirts??? That would make life easier.

Oh yes SAHM doesnt mean full-time maid okay? I mean we take care of the household, the kids, the dogs practically everything. Nothing wrong with not ironing the clothes. I dont take the trash out or mow the lawn too. Some jobs are meant for the men.
    Last edited by Mom2TwoDSs; 14-03-2013 at 10:49.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by biscotti View Post
    I don't iron. Ever. If I can't wash it and wear it, then I'm not buying it lol

Yeah that's me too! If I need to iron something in order to wear it, I wont buy it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by loislane2010 View Post
    Seems i got the sh!t end of the stick then cos i just asked him 'so, im the SAHM and its my job to iron'. His reply 'yes'.
    We just arent getting along anymore. I dont get it
    Show him this thread. He's a meanie. He doesnt appreciate or respect or honour you from the way you are describing him.
    Last edited by Mom2TwoDSs; 14-03-2013 at 10:58.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by loislane2010 View Post
    So DH has basically said im not doing my job as a SAHM. My job as a SAHM is to clean, cook, iron, laundry, look after the kids, garden. I feel like SH!T cos when i said 'you do realise you said im a sh!t SAHM/wife' he just raised his hands in agreement. Then he said hes not sure how much more he can take of it. Basically said he wants to leave me.
    He's your husband, not your boss, and has no right to dictate what your 'job' is and give you performance appraisals. You are not an employee, you're his partner. The nerve!

He's over reacting and needs to grow up and learn to iron his own shirts, and show you some respect.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to MissMuppet For This Useful Post:

waterlily  (14-03-2013)