+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by loislane2010 View Post
    So DH has basically said im not doing my job as a SAHM. My job as a SAHM is to clean, cook, iron, laundry, look after the kids, garden. I feel like SH!T cos when i said 'you do realise you said im a sh!t SAHM/wife' he just raised his hands in agreement. Then he said hes not sure how much more he can take of it. Basically said he wants to leave me.
    Sorry, I answered your first post without seeing this.

That's uncalled for and would make me think there's something else going on
    with him.
    I'd be watching his behaviour and hours he's keeping because it seems to me that he is using that ridiculous excuse to justify him wanting to leave.
    Dodgeville!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Phony For This Useful Post:

Kiplusthree  (14-03-2013)

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NancyBlackett View Post
    OP look at your local dry cleaner. Ours does business shirts for $2 a shirt. For $10 a week it is definitely worth it for us.
    Do they destroy your buttons? I tried sending DH's shirts to First Choice a few years ago, but I gave up because I was forever taking them back and making them replace the broken buttons

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Nope we've never had a problem. The young guy who does the ironing is amazing.

I'm thingy about iron marks on clothes and I'll even let him at some of my more delicate stuff.

Thanks
    Reviews
    PP have said it already but I'm going to say it again. You need to stop thinking of yourself and calling yourself a SAHM. You work 4 nights a week for goodness sakes! Of course his ideas about what a SAHM's 'job' is are ridiculous, but that doesn't matter because your are *not* a SAHM. There are two working parents in the household, so household chores need to be divided fairly between both.
    I agree with PP though, this sounds like it might be about more than just the household chores. He might be looking for reasons to make him leaving you your fault.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Meg2 For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (14-03-2013),Stiflers Mom  (14-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My husband doesn't expect me to do anything apart from taking care of our kids needs. He's an adult and can iron his own clothes! I do all the housework but when I have a day or three off because I'm tired...it's no big deal and he will always help when asked. I'm not a maid, I am a wife and a mum and I do my best

PS, and if you also go to work...then pppfffttt to him, wow he needs to grow up or go back to his mother!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ozeymumof5 For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (14-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg2 View Post
    PP have said it already but I'm going to say it again. You need to stop thinking of yourself and calling yourself a SAHM. You work 4 nights a week for goodness sakes! Of course his ideas about what a SAHM's 'job' is are ridiculous, but that doesn't matter because your are *not* a SAHM. There are two working parents in the household, so household chores need to be divided fairly between both.
    I agree with PP though, this sounds like it might be about more than just the household chores. He might be looking for reasons to make him leaving you your fault.
    I only work 4 hours a night, so 16 hours a week so he doesnt consider that enough. Trust me ive had this argument with him. Ive said, seen as how im workng now, can you help around the house'. To which he replied. 'you only work 4 hours a night, i think you can manage'.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ozeymumof5 View Post

PS, and if you also go to work...then pppfffttt to him, wow he needs to grow up or go back to his mother!
    Sometimes i feel like i AM his mother and ive said this to him. He still expects its my job.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    We have a traditional set up here. He works, I stay home.
    He looks after the outside jobs and builds our house (owner builder for 6 years), I do the inside stuff. He still cooks or puts on a load of washing if I am unwell/busy with the kids etc... He irons as he likes it done his way.

If he comes home and the house is a disaster zone so be it. I/one of the kids may have been sick, I might have had appointments or gone shopping or I may have just taken the may off from housework. I figure I deserve one of those days every now and then. He gets that my life is more important than being chained to a sink and that I deserve some down time too. After all I have been getting up to kids most night for 20 odd years now.

As far I can see you are a working mum (you work more days than you stay home) You deserve much more help (for lack of a better word) than he is giving you. It is time he stepped up and be a better partner and father.
    Last edited by LoveLivesHere; 14-03-2013 at 12:06.

Thanks
    Reviews
    IMO and experience...let him leave. He'll then have an entire house to care for alone plus the kids on w/ends, all meals, their washing ontop of his own, shopping, cooking and not to mention child support!!!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ozeymumof5 For This Useful Post:

shelle65  (16-03-2013),Stiflers Mom  (14-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by loislane2010 View Post
    I only work 4 hours a night, so 16 hours a week so he doesnt consider that enough. Trust me ive had this argument with him. Ive said, seen as how im workng now, can you help around the house'. To which he replied. 'you only work 4 hours a night, i think you can manage'.
    Reading this just makes me so angry! What right does he have to sit there on his little throne dictating that all the work should fall on your shoulders and you can just 'manage'. What a p**ck!
    It sounds like you know that he is being selfish and have already explained to him all the ways that he is being unreasonable. If he is not listening to you, then you need to think about what your next steps are going to be regarding your relationship. You can't go on like this, doing all the giving and getting nothing back in return. Perhaps a few days away would help you clear your head a bit.