+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Measuring ahead!

Hi all

This is my first bubba! I'm 25 weeks today. Yesterday at my app my OB said I was measuring at 29 weeks! That's one month ahead!!!! I'm freaking out! Is this a sign of big baby?? Or do u think my growth will slow down? Is it a sign of GD I have been eating more than usual but who doesn't when there preggers!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Was that based on your fundal height? If so I wouldn't stress about it at all. It can change heaps depending on bub's position. I measured 27 weeks when I was only 20 weeks, because bub was tucked up under my ribs instead of down in my pelvis. Last visit was at 27+5 and I measured 28 so he's obviously not that big.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fundal height? What's that?
    He just felt my uterus, marker a line then measure with tape from my privates to that mark. He did say she could be in a funny position and that's why so big and we'll see next time round but its freaked me coz now when I tell ppl they have all said "we'll u do look pretty big for 24w" which I think I look normal

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm 25 weeks tomorrow so our bubs are due at the same time . Your fundal height is the top of your uterus. When you OB measured you from down below to above your belly button that's what they were measuring. Doesn't mean bub is big at all. I was told it could be bub's position, how much amniotic fluid you have etc. No need to panic. I'm sure you won't be pushing out a 30 pound baby!

Thanks
    Reviews
    yeah fundal height is really not accurate. In my last pregnancy it grew 6cm in one week towards the end of the pregnancy . I had a scan that showed everything was normal & they think bubs just changed positions. He was measuring way ahead and was only about 8 pounds when born, so don't worry it doesn't mean you will have a huge baby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the replies! Feeling much better now

Thanks
    Reviews
    How funny that I reply to your post and then I go for a check up myself only to find out that I am also measuring ahead. I'm 26 weeks tomorrow and was measuring at 32! Wowsers!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow that's a big jump as well! My next app is in 2 weeks when I'm 29w so it will be interesting to see how much I've grown
    Do u feel big?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've had friends measure big and their babies were average size (7 pound)
    I measured normal but had a 9 pound baby lol they don't always know 100%

Mummy to DD 21 months
    Lola kitty
    DS due July 2013

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was measuring ahead from growth scans (over 100th percentile). Didn't have GD and my first was born 4kg. This one was estimated 4.5kg so I was induced (also due to lack of movement) at nearly 38 weeks. DS was born a teeny 3.5kg so prob wouldn't even have been as big as his sister full term.
    It's a guesstimate but I was happy with additional scans as I got to see bubba more often