+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey del79 I remember you from my Gold Coast hospital thread last time glad we both had good experiences!! We're about a month apart this time too bad we miss out on the brand new hospital !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KassMeow View Post
    Hey del79 I remember you from my Gold Coast hospital thread last time glad we both had good experiences!! We're about a month apart this time too bad we miss out on the brand new hospital !
    haha.. yeah! My son is turning 2 tomorrow. V excited! Hope the second one won't be 10 days late! yeah, was hoping to go to the new hospital but then, i suppose a familiar environment might be better too. Except for having to find carparks at SOuthport, everything else is great :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes I did but it was almost 20 years ago so I'd say things have changed a bit by now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have heard mainly good experiences about the GC hospital. I am due end September and will be giving birth through the birth centre. Get this though, I am due 24 September and the birth centre is due to move to the new hospital I think on 26th which means depending on when I go into labour I actually won't know which hospital I will be at til the last minute !
    All the best with your births!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies... Quick update. Had my second son via c section 7 weeks ago and will again back my original post by saying that my time at gc was excellent. Excellent patient support with breastfeeding, pain relief and all other issues that may arise. For such a busy place I never felt at any time that I wasn't in great hands... If anything you are are constantly visited by doctors, surgeon etc and of course the lovely midwives. I guess if you approach it like you are there t have a baby .. Not on a holiday then yourcexpectations will be met again... Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by del79 View Post
    haha.. yeah! My son is turning 2 tomorrow. V excited! Hope the second one won't be 10 days late! yeah, was hoping to go to the new hospital but then, i suppose a familiar environment might be better too. Except for having to find carparks at SOuthport, everything else is great :-)
    It's gone so fast hey ! Mine is 2 on the 29th. I had to be induced 11 days over so hopefully number 2 will be sooner for us both! Yeah, that is true about the familiar environment and the most important part is how you're cared for by the midwives etc but yep, parking does suck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Gold Coast hospital is the reason I walked out of hospital after my 1st daughter and got PHI. I can't fault the MWs on the birth at all but it was the whole pregnancy and induction that was a bad experience.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Does anyone know at how many weeks GC hospital take special care babies? Is it 32/34? Anyone?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyG4 View Post
    Gold Coast hospital is the reason I walked out of hospital after my 1st daughter and got PHI. I can't fault the MWs on the birth at all but it was the whole pregnancy and induction that was a bad experience.
    32 weeks I'm told. I had my twins at John Flynn but was told that if they arrived prior to 32 they would go to gch or mater.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your input everyone. I gave birth to a 7lb, 8oz boy on 12th May at GCH,
    The labor and delivery ward was very good and I was very well looked after, but the maternity ward was a different story. I was made to feel inadequate as a mother, I was judged because I am a young mum of 21, and I felt like I was in high school again sitting down for an exam but this time on being a mother. One midwife was extra mean and nearly made me not want to breastfed at all because she was saying all things bad about my boobs. Anyway, my next baby I will be traveling the extra distance to go to John Flynn.