+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default C-Section AFTER vaginal birth?

Has anyone had a csection after 2 or more vaginal births and could share some advice with me? I could possibly face a csection after 3 easy vaginal births and I am extremely scared at the idea.
    Thanks.

TrulyBlessed is offline Winner 2009 - Member you would most like to meet in Real Life
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes I did. When DD2 was born. Mine was an emergency csection due to presentation after an induced labour & because of prematurity it was her life if delivered that way.

Recovery took longer but that's expected with major surgery.

At least yours can be planned and the rush isn't there so they will actually have the time to do things without the cat1 emergency to get bub out. I was extremely sick also so my recovery took longer due to circumstances not relating to the csection. I was still up walking down to NICU via the lift 2 days later but was up going to the bathroom and showering at 6am the morning after when csection was done under general at 2pm the day before. I would of been up sooner if I hadn't of 1) had GA 2) hadnt been so sick myself.

Best thing to prepare is to start cooking and freezing meals so its one less chore when coming home.

Also buy some underwear that come up over closer to your belly button cause then it won't irritate your wound and you can put a pad across it to act as cushioning.

Similar Threads

1. what is the best position to be in when attempting a vaginal birth?
    By GlitterFarts in forum Pregnancy & Birth General Chat
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-10-2012, 11:36
  2. Did accupuncture or a chiropracter help you in regards to achieving a vaginal birth?
    By GlitterFarts in forum Pregnancy & Birth General Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-10-2012, 15:47
  3. Replies: 36
    Last Post: 22-03-2012, 13:51