+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Tell me about your implantation bleeding

Humour me. Tell me about your implantation bleed.

I'm 11dp3dt (14dpo) and woke up to brown spotting

However my temp was still high (36.86, usually drops to 36.2ish before I start AF) so I was surprised to see spotting. And devastated.

It's stopped now, I even checked inside (sorry for TMI) and it's gone.

Oh, I did an OPK and it was stark white! Not even a hint of a second line (couldn't find a HPT).

While I think I'm probably out, I was just wondering if there's any chance this could be implantation bleeding, because it's old blood?

Temp has me hopeful, everything else, not so much. Especially so late in the game at 14dpo.

I will know either way on friday as I have a blood test then. Was just curious how other people's IB have been,

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Go buy a HPT!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I'm at work. I think if there's no more blood today I'll do one in the morn. DP has mine hidden somewhere at home.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last preg I had implantation bleeding from about day 9-11. Tested I think CD11 or 12 and got my BFP. Goodluck

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a speck at about 6-7dpo. Got my squinter BFP at 9dpo. It's hard to know without testing what's going on with your body. I don't know much about whether a line would be showing on an OPK if you were pregnant either ... sorry. Sheesh I'm not much help at all. Do you have any symptoms like sore (.) (.) or nausea or peeing frequently? A high temp is hopeful so hang in there!

Just wanted to say I'm majorly crossing everything for you. I know how much you want this and so many of us want this for you too

Thanks
    Reviews
    FTM: I have had sore boobies since before ovulation, from the drugs but I am peeing constantly and have been really tired, and felt a little queasy the last two mornings but it's gone once I've eaten something.

I am also super bloated and tender from hyperstimulation which can be exacerbated by hCG hence I've been tolerating it hoping it's because of a little bean.

I've been crampy for a few days too, on and off, which I don't normally get before AF.

So basically, I am in limbo until either I start bleeding or get a positive test. Hoping hard for a high temp and no blood tomorrow morning.

Re the OPK I've heard they're notoriously unreliable as preg predictors so I'm a little less stressed about that now.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to rainbow road For This Useful Post:

FirstTimeMummy2012  (13-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    FX for you. With my implantation bleed it was generally cramps followed by spotting or bleeding on the same day. Ive only had it with my first two kids. Its hard to say, your temps being high is good but people sometimes have high temps and still get AF.

About opk for hpt, they worked here. My 10dpo had a line the same as pre O (so i put that as normal but at about 4/5dpo i did one with fmu and it had a squinter of a line so the 10dpo one was stronger). My 11dpo one (all done with fmu, which isnt good for opk but im looking for hcg not lh hence why i used it) was as dark as the one i got the night before my O. I took that as a sign and tested and got a faint BFP (strong one and digital saying pregnant in the same afternoon). So yes your OPK can pick up HCG for pregnancy (mine now at 17dpo or 4 weeks 3 days, is strong and steals a lot of the control colour) but its generally after a positive HCG (mine wasnt positive until the next day).

Good luck, you could test today but if the bleeding only started today you will have to wait at least 2-3 days to see a positive. I would honestly wait until 16/17 dpo as the longest lp is 16days so by 17dpo your af should be here if its meant to be

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Nikki, this was an IVF cycle so the clinic have a blood test organised for me for Friday 16dpo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good Luck!! I really hope his is it for you.

Im going to be a negative nelly. Your temp may drop the day before, the day of OR the day after AF has arrived. Mine usually stays high, i get af, then the next morning it drops right down.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It might indigo. For me, it usually doesn't though. It has always dropped day before or day of spotting/AF but stranger things have definitely happened