+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I use pea pods (sized), Hippybottomus (OSFM) and My little ripples (OSFM, china cheapies). Love them all! Hippybottomus are great for newborns, I started using them on my bub when she was 3 weeks old but I'm sure they would have fitted her from birth. My baby is only 4 weeks old so can't comment on longevity or toddler fit. But even if the china cheapies don't last that long and you have to replace them after say, a year, thats still only $6 spent on 2 nappies in 2 years as opposed to $30 spent on 1 nappy in 2 years.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MummaOJ View Post
    I disagree, my china cheapies have lasted 2 kids now (1yr first, 1yr still going with second). I stopped after 1yr with my first due to working and wanting to cut down washing
    Thanks for your reply! Nice to have an opinion from someone with experience.I ignored the post you quoted, as I know that particular poster is still pregnant with her first, so I was hoping for other replies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by our3boys View Post
    I got told by a lot of people china cheapies were no good but eventually ended up buying some and extra inserts for each and they are great Nappies. Lasting the distance here.
    Yay! I've done exactly that too, I ordered some Chinese cheapies, $2.20 each with some extra inserts, $1.20 for ten.. Will see when they arrive. I figure, for. Such little outlay, they will quickly pay for themselves and be better for the environment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for all your replies!

I bought 14 nappies off eBay recently. I bought 3 L&A kids, they are seconds with the label sewn on backwards, but they are great. No leaks, pretty good fit,

I also bought 1 bamboo nappy from beach bubs, it is lovely too. I prefer this one, but quite a bit more pricey.

Last lot is 10 cheapies from china, yet to arrive. With 10 extra boosters.

For the last few days I've been using the 4 every day. I just pop them through the machine in the early afternoon, hang them out and they're dry by next morning to use again.

I have a question, which part of the nappy do you peg? I'm nervous to peg on the outer cover in case it causes the plu(?) stuff to crack and cause leaks. Is this likely? Or am I creating extra worry for myself for no reason? I've been trying to put the pegs onto the inner fleece stuff. What do you do?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babyla View Post
    Thought this might interest you...
    {link removed by Moderator}
    I'm so curious what you were linking before the mods removed it...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Aroha0509 View Post
    Nappy library! That way you can try a few different brands before you outlay
    Thanks, I looked for a nappy library, but couldn't find anything servicing the regional town we now live in.