+ Reply to Thread
    up in the sky so high zoom zoom zooma zoom zoom
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Nasty coach, should i let the club know?

So this may be long but im not sure if i should let the club know or just leave it? Opinions please.

3 of my boys are playing rugby league. Last year was Ds1's first year, he started in the under 7's, through out the year the team he was with seemed a bit uncomfortable for us. Most of the parents knew each other from the previous year and seemed very unwilling to chat or even acknowledge Dh or I either at training or games, Ds1 hardly ever got a chance to handle the ball, at training or games even tho he loves his footy and was very enthusiastic to play.

So this year again we signed on, ds2's team is awesome, before the pre-season training started the coach has emailed, and did txt us to make sure we were all informed about training time tables ect, I heard nothing from Ds1's old team, even after being told at sign on that the teams would stay the same year in year out so you always know where your child will be within the club.

So in the meantime, Dh has taken ds1 to 1 training session, on an allocated day the club notified us about, when he got there, they were shoved around the field and ended up at last years team, new coach (a dad from last year) Coach was hesitant at taking ds1 on cause they had their numbers for their team. Begrudgingly they took ds in for the session, fast forward a few weeks, the fields have been closed due to weather so the boys only has one joint training session, ds1's team was not training but the coach was there. So because ds2's team was training i was looking for Ds1 to have a go while ds2 trained I attempted to ask the coach what was going on, to be completely ignored, he turned and walked away from me and Ds1, So a father from another team let me know all the U8's that showed up where over the other side of the field. So i emailed the club to find out just exactly what was going on and to let them know our supposed coach treated ds1 and I like dirt. They then forwarded the email to all the coaches, so i has last year's teams new coach email me and tell me he would be taking ds1 this season and just picking apart my previous email being pretty much just rude. That was the last correspondence i had with him. Despite being fully informed for ds2's team, still seemed a bit off to me.

Anyways games were again rained out over this weekend so the first proper training session was this afternoon, after getting to the club early ds1 was warming up with his team, then the coach came out, and from what I'd seen from the sideline, the team manager basically pulled ds1 out from the team and marched him across the field to a new team, not one word to me at all, and when i tried to walk over to talk to the coach he kept avoiding me and noone would give me answers. So i ended up leaving it and just going over to where ds1 was training with his new team. Now it doesnt really bother me that ds1 has switched teams, I am rather happy actually and seeing Ds1 actually enjoy training today and having fun and getting a chance to handle the ball made my week but I honestly cant shake the feeling that something in the way the coach handled the situation is off. Speaking to the new teams coach this arvo, he had no idea what was going on until the other manager brought ds1 over to his team, there was no discussion of any sort between the 2 coaches they pretty much just dumped my ds over there hoping they would take him.

So im asking should i be reporting this to the club?
    Last edited by Lozie; 12-03-2013 at 21:17.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It sounds like that if you report it to the club, the email will simply be group forwarded to all the coaches.

AS much as it has come about in a crappy way...it sounds like the new team might be a good thing.

Can you wait a few weeks and see how it goes?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to River Song For This Useful Post:

Lozie  (12-03-2013)

Mod-Myztik is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    My April Fools baby
    Winner 2009- Biggest Post-Awards Whinger
    Winner 2010- Biggest Computer Nerd

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I would question the club about it for sure but i would call rather than email. Hopefully your poor DS is finally staying with this team. How confusing for him!

*the bass, the rock, the mic, the treble, I like my coffee black just like my metal*
    Last edited by Mod-Myztik; 12-03-2013 at 21:24.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Myztik For This Useful Post:

Lozie  (12-03-2013)

up in the sky so high zoom zoom zooma zoom zoom
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep river song im just going to leave ds to settle into his team. I just dont see how the old team can be so rude. I honestly thought i was over reacting today but after talking to the new teams coach hes just as confused as i was. Its not fair on ds to be shoved around but saying that hes happier in this team, so far the kids seem nice and so do the parents, not like last years team, they all were rude and cold. Would going into the club in person be a better option? Im not usually one to complain about much, but this time its getting under my skin
    Last edited by Lozie; 12-03-2013 at 21:34.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would definitely address it with the club, but in person. Emails can be forwarded, taken the wrong way or ignored, a face to face chat is harder to ignore!
    Make sure you state the positives too, I think every club president/whatever like to hear the positives but they also need to know if there is a negative in the club. Negative coaches and experiences can have so much impact on a child's enthusiasm for a sport.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Gongmummy For This Useful Post:

Lozie  (13-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I would notify someone at the club.

I would state that I didn't want to make a formal complaint and am happy to leave it, but would like it to be noted for future reference that the coach has behaved this way.

It's not on.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to SimplyMum For This Useful Post:

Lozie  (22-03-2013)