Closed Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook View Post
    I use the appendix scenario all the time!!
    Edited to add: I honestly don't know what the outcome will be but I know I really don't want to hand my son over to have a procedure that's not necessary. No matter how much DH and MIL try and convince me, you can't tell me they aren't in pain. Just cause they don't remember it doesn't mean if didn't hurt them. Hopefully DH will forget about it!!!
    Good on you for standing up. It's not easy when you have differences of opinion which are very entrenched.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    Good on you for standing up. It's not easy when you have differences of opinion which are very entrenched.
    Thank you! No it's not easy, and not when it comes from DH, my mum, my MIL and even my SIL is pro circ!!!
    As you said they thoughts on it are so entrenched and DH has as much right over DS as I do so I really don't know what to do!! We have a bit more time to keep 'discussing' it before a decision needs to be made.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Has you DH watched any videos of the procedure? I haven't personally but I know from other threads when there have been disagreements when one partner watched the procedure it was eye opening. There's a thread below this one which has some links I think.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

Busy-Bee  (13-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    Has you DH watched any videos of the procedure? I haven't personally but I know from other threads when there have been disagreements when one partner watched the procedure it was eye opening. There's a thread below this one which has some links I think.
    Yes, he has seen the procedure but it always comes back to him not remembering a thing so neither will DS. Which is true, but doesn't make it right.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathermy View Post
    Had this been posted 4 times now or is my phone playing silly buggers?
    No my phone is playing silly buggers I had to delete the app and reinstall or it would have kept posting lol how embarrassing.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to sandy cheeks For This Useful Post:

beebs  (13-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sandy cheeks View Post
    No my phone is playing silly buggers I had to delete the app and reinstall or it would have kept posting lol how embarrassing.
    Lol! Mine always tells me I'm making duplicate posts but instead it fails to post any, silly gremlins!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Yes, he has seen the procedure but it always comes back to him not remembering a thing so neither will DS. Which is true, but doesn't make it right.
    No. God lots of dreadful things can happen to children and babies alike which they wouldn't necessarily remember. Doesn't make it right.

Just out of interest given approx 90% of boys are intact why isn't it up to your DH to convince you it's necessary, not the other way? Sorry maybe it is just thinking out loud.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

beebs  (13-03-2013),Busy-Bee  (13-03-2013),Eko  (13-03-2013),Tainted  (13-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    But the same could be said the other way, no? if it offends you, don't go in the pro circ section?
    Yep agree

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I'm in this predicament as well. Sadly, I wouldn't come here for support because of posts like this:

I have the balls and I do stand up for my son. I debate circumcision regularly, with my DH and the many other members or my family who are pro circ. However, my DS is just as much DH's son as he is mine.As you all know pro circers are just as passionate about the subject as anti circers. All believe they are right. It is a really difficult situation to be in. If I post in this section I get told to grow some balls (ironic!!) if I post in the pro circ section I get bombarded with biased information. So I think I'll just stick with google!!
    If you are researching google and being assertive in combatting your husbands circ theories (hygiene etc with fact) then obviously you don't fit into the no balls for a debate category!

Sure your kid is also your husbands but when it comes to unnecessarily cutting off a body part If hubby won't listen to your facts then I think you can play the "Doctor doesn't recommend it" or "because I said so" card. It is this (saying NO during a Mexican stand-off even if your hubby will be offended) that is very difficult and requires extra balls.
    Last edited by VicPark; 13-03-2013 at 05:03.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Tainted  (13-03-2013)

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    I think they called those words bc they do go into the pro circ section, throw around the M word and make a whole lot of judgements in a section that is clearly listed as pro circ and those words are clearly said to be against the rules.
    Using the "M" word regarding circ'ing is a breech of the rules. If there is any post like that the first thing to do is report it so the mods can take appropriate action. Throwing the "M" word around (or similar) doesn't do the cause any good All it does is antagonise and polarise people. (I know you haven't done it so that's not directed at you)

I'm in this predicament as well. Sadly, I wouldn't come here for support because of posts like this:

I have the balls and I do stand up for my son. I debate circumcision regularly, with my DH and the many other members or my family who are pro circ. However, my DS is just as much DH's son as he is mine.As you all know pro circers are just as passionate about the subject as anti circers. All believe they are right. It is a really difficult situation to be in. If I post in this section I get told to grow some balls (ironic!!) if I post in the pro circ section I get bombarded with biased information. So I think I'll just stick with google!!
    It's a bit of a running joke with VicPark and her use of the expression "having balls". (Personally I prefer the expression "having a uterus" or "have a vagina" as those things can take much more of a pounding than oh-so-tender you-know-whats but that's a different thread!) VicPark is not known for writing sensitive posts (*looks at VicPark* - aren't you love ), I'm guessing she'll probably get nominated for the "straight shooter" award at this years BH awards.

If you want some straight forward data and information then I strongly recommend posts by JohnC. He is anti-RIC but his posts can provide some really good data from highly credible sources. I'm sure he wouldn't mind if you even PM'd him even.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Busy-Bee For This Useful Post:

beebs  (13-03-2013)