Closed Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by redlipsandpearls View Post
    Vaccinating dd is something done by choice, that I see as beneficial, and I leave the building because I'm scared of needles. Should I stop vaccinating her?
    But do you hand her over to the nurse or does another relative stay with her? I couldn't be with DD1 when she had her first needles so DH took her while I waited at the door. I think what many anti ric people feel odd about is that parents can hand over a tiny baby to a nurse and a doctor without any family member present while their so pn is circ'd. Just makes me sad.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook View Post
    I'm in this predicament as well. Sadly, I wouldn't come here for support because of posts like this:

I have the balls and I do stand up for my son. I debate circumcision regularly, with my DH and the many other members or my family who are pro circ. However, my DS is just as much DH's son as he is mine.As you all know pro circers are just as passionate about the subject as anti circers. All believe they are right. It is a really difficult situation to be in. If I post in this section I get told to grow some balls (ironic!!) if I post in the pro circ section I get bombarded with biased information. So I think I'll just stick with google!!
    Why is your DH so in favour of it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sorry phone had issues and triple posted.
    Last edited by sandy cheeks; 12-03-2013 at 23:55.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sandy cheeks View Post
    I don't see the point in this thread anti circ is the majority and most pro circ threads/people cop a heap of flack from the majority anti circ's anyway so I don't think we need a separate thread to complain about it and why it's done.
    Sometimes some of the anti circ threads/POV's can feel like bullying.
    I'm not pro circ and ds is intact so I don't necessarily agree with it, just putting it out there as an outsider of how comments/threads can look.

Had this been posted 4 times now or is my phone playing silly buggers?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    Why is your DH so in favour of it?
    He honestly believes it is cleaner, less chance of infection etc. He has also seen some if his friends needing it done later in life and apparently it's worse then (not that anyone would know cause babies can't talk). So he'd prefer to get it done now then it possibly happening to DS later on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    He honestly believes it is cleaner, less chance of infection etc. He has also seen some if his friends needing it done later in life and apparently it's worse then (not that anyone would know cause babies can't talk). So he'd prefer to get it done now then it possibly happening to DS later on.
    Ok. I was dreading your response being that he wants his son to look like him.

My DH is intact. I know heaps of guys who are in their 30s and 40s and are intact, and who've never had an issue. Guess it's just one of those things. I wouldn't have my appendix removed even though one of my bf's daughter has just been through an horrendous time because hers burst and it went undiagnosed.

I hope you can find some answers. I can honestly say it's no cleaner one way or the other.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

beebs  (13-03-2013),Busy-Bee  (13-03-2013),VanityFey  (13-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathermy View Post
    Had this been posted 4 times now or is my phone playing silly buggers?
    No I think this poster is posting regularly. 4 and counting.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Ok. I was dreading your response being that he wants his son to look like him.

My DH is intact. I know heaps of guys who are in their 30s and 40s and are intact, and who've never had an issue. Guess it's just one of those things. I wouldn't have my appendix removed even though one of my bf's daughter has just been through an horrendous time because hers burst and it went undiagnosed.

I hope you can find some answers. I can honestly say it's no cleaner one way or the other.
    I use the appendix scenario all the time!!
    Edited to add: I honestly don't know what the outcome will be but I know I really don't want to hand my son over to have a procedure that's not necessary. No matter how much DH and MIL try and convince me, you can't tell me they aren't in pain. Just cause they don't remember it doesn't mean if didn't hurt them. Hopefully DH will forget about it!!!
    Last edited by cheekychook; 12-03-2013 at 23:23.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    I use the appendix scenario all the time!!
    Is he sure it's not a little bit because he wants his son to be the same as him? I really think it's hard for guys who aren't to separate their own feelings about it from having a son who isn't. I respect that. My oldest daughter is nothing like me phyisically. Nothing at all. She's every bit her father. It seems trivial but it's not.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Is he sure it's not a little bit because he wants his son to be the same as him? I really think it's hard for guys who aren't to separate their own feelings about it from having a son who isn't. I respect that. My oldest daughter is nothing like me phyisically. Nothing at all. She's every bit her father. It seems trivial but it's not.
    He says he'd like his son to look like him but that is not the main reason. He never says that when we are discussing it, it's always the hygiene and less chances if infections etc.

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast