Closed Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Renesme View Post
    Vaccination is for medical reasons. My above statement only applies to those who circumsize for non medical reasons and no cutting the foreskin off just in case they get infection isn't a medical reason.
    I don't agree with RIC for any future sons, but some parents do believe that circ is medically beneficial.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly8329 View Post
    Mods ????
    This thread is simply bullying in my eyes no point to it , just made to pick on peoples decisions
    People are allowed to pick at a practice. Especially one that removes a babies body part without their permission for no genuine medical reason.

That doesn't make it bullying.

If people were saying 'did you see what **** was saying about *****, she's an awful person for doing that'. Then it'd be bullying. .

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlissedOut For This Useful Post:

beebs  (13-03-2013),Guest654  (13-03-2013),mama and her little bearxxx  (12-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sorry phone had issues and triple posted
    Last edited by sandy cheeks; 12-03-2013 at 23:53.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to sandy cheeks For This Useful Post:

munchkin275  (12-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    And one view is that parents who circ babies without a specific medical recommendation are wrong. That offends? Don't go in the anti-circ section.
    But the same could be said the other way, no? if it offends you, don't go in the pro circ section?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by misskittyfantastico View Post
    Perhaps the OP was worded badly but I understand to a degree. People who are anti RIC are mocked, called bullies, accused of being keyboard warriors, nazies etc... in the support for circ thread. Intact boys and men are called smelly and unhygenic, they are said to be dirty and unnattractive. This makes me angry but I can't respond in the pro circ area.

I hope people in this thread don't stoop to the same level. The frustration and anger I have is at the Doctors who advocate for and perform this procedure, not those parents who choose it. I just heartily wish it wasn't available.
    I think they called those words bc they do go into the pro circ section, throw around the M word and make a whole lot of judgements in a section that is clearly listed as pro circ and those words are clearly said to be against the rules.

Look I really could care less what people choose to do. I don't think uncirced means smelly/dirty nor do I think those that circ are uneducated/child abusers. I don't have an issue with being anti RIC but I do think those that circ really cop it and aren't allowed to even have their own space in the pro circ section. Then the judgements are taken in here and people are told basically, get over it, it's the anti circ section... which seems kind of hypocritical.

Anyway, I said I wouldn't post again I just wanted people to reply to this thread for the right reasons, not for it to become a protected witch hunt

8. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Mod-Myztik  (12-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    Yes, and there is even a mother in another thread getting her son done very soon who doesn't really want to, but her partner is so she is!
    I'm in this predicament as well. Sadly, I wouldn't come here for support because of posts like this:

Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Oh man ... A mum should at least believe with all her heart she is doing the right thing before her baby is handed to someone to have their willy chopped. Not having the balls to stand up for bubba or at least challenge the daddy for a real debate on the issue...I can't get that.

And unless parents are prepared to watch it being done, they have no business having it done.
    I have the balls and I do stand up for my son. I debate circumcision regularly, with my DH and the many other members or my family who are pro circ. However, my DS is just as much DH's son as he is mine.As you all know pro circers are just as passionate about the subject as anti circers. All believe they are right. It is a really difficult situation to be in. If I post in this section I get told to grow some balls (ironic!!) if I post in the pro circ section I get bombarded with biased information. So I think I'll just stick with google!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to cheekychook For This Useful Post:

gumnutbaby  (13-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think an anti-ric support thread is great, but the wording in the OP certainly didn't match the title. Maybe 'Vent thread for anti-circ' would have been more appropriate.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

beebs  (13-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is it really that wrong to want to have a place to vent, there are things written in the pro circ section that we can't comment on in there, why not be able to come in here and comment on it?

I think the whole excuse of his dad is done so he will be done is the worst excuse in the world but I can't comment on it in the other section.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hootenanny For This Useful Post:

beebs  (13-03-2013),Stiflers Mom  (13-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    The op in this thread started this right after bombarding the pro thread. That to me screams b*tchiness and the fact this thread was not started with the intention of supporting.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to munchkin275 For This Useful Post:

Anjalee  (12-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry phone had issues and triple posted
    Last edited by sandy cheeks; 12-03-2013 at 23:53.

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast