Closed Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think the people who think intact is unclean should be a little more selective with who they let in their pants...

I would prefer to teach my son to wash his entire body properly than cut off bits and pieces which may get dirty.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tainted For This Useful Post:

Funchu  (13-03-2013),VicPark  (12-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Tainted View Post
    I think the people who think intact is unclean should be a little more selective with who they let in their pants...

I would prefer to teach my son to wash his entire body properly than cut off bits and pieces which may get dirty.
    I know my son doesn't like to clean behind his ears. Perhaps I should cut them off!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    It's not bullying, it's venting. Why aren't anti circus allowed to vent too?

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

Busy-Bee  (13-03-2013),αληθη  (12-03-2013),soccer mum  (12-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Most posts aren't removed though Eko. In the latest thread one post was edited and the rest stayed. If this thread was to share common beliefs then cool, I have no objection to that but this was the first post by the OP:

Ergh.. reading the stuff in the support thread for circumcision makes me feel sick.

To me that's a pretty clear invitation in saying 'come and join with me to b*tch about others decisions and how revolting they are'.

Anyway, I'll leave it at that. I have zero worry to a thread that has the purpose that Atropos suggested. I just don't feel that was the purpose...
    Last edited by delirium; 12-03-2013 at 21:17.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (12-03-2013),Atropos  (13-03-2013),munchkin275  (12-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    I know my son doesn't like to clean behind his ears. Perhaps I should cut them off!
    Well, as he is your child then clearly that is your right It won't hurt THAT much, and if he is young enough hopefully he will go into shock and not cry.

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    Most posts aren't removed though. In the latest thread one post was edited and the rest stayed. If this thread was to share common beliefs then cool, I have no objection to that but this was the first post by the OP:

Ergh.. reading the stuff in the support thread for circumcision makes me feel sick.

To me that's a pretty clear invitation in saying 'come and join with me to b*tch about others decisions and how revolting they are'.

Anyway, I'll leave it at that. I have zero worry to a thread that has the purpose that Atropos suggested. I just don't feel that was the purpose...
    I agree with you, I don't think this thread was started in the genuine idea of 'support' so much as venting.
    It just disappoints me that there are people out there who probably actually need support in that situation (ie. mothers with partners who insist on circing even though they're against it etc) who are being told they don't deserve support because they're in the majority.
    Then to literally have your words taken away from existence as if you never said anything and that your words literally don't deserve the pixels that you tried to thoughtfully, respectfully and non-judgmentally put together simply because you're not a part of said minority groups... it rankles.

If everyone could just get over the fact that every individual is deserving of an opinion and has the right to give that opinion when specifically asked, we'd probably have a lot more polite forum!
    And that goes for ALL sides. But of course people can't just ya know, get along.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I don't see the point in this thread anti circ is the majority and most pro circ threads/people cop a heap of flack from the majority anti circ's anyway so I don't think we need a separate thread to complain about it and why it's done.
    Sometimes some of the anti circ threads/POV's can feel like bullying.
    I'm not pro circ and ds is intact so I don't necessarily agree with it, just putting it out there as an outsider of how comments/threads can look.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly8329 View Post
    Mods ????
    This thread is simply bullying in my eyes no point to it , just made to pick on peoples decisions
    Bullying or venting/exercising freedom of speech?

Bullying is an aggressive form of harassment. How can it be harassment or bullying if the intention is for the people supposedly being bullied to never see the comments? The thread/section is clearly labelled so the people who may take offence won't read the comments.

You either open up all circ threads for everyone (my preference as there's too much opportunity for head-in-the-sand-itis with separate sections) or you allow both sides to have a safe haven to express their views. And one view is that parents who circ babies without a specific medical recommendation are wrong. That offends? Don't go in the anti-circ section.

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Ashram  (13-03-2013),beebs  (13-03-2013),Lovemyfam  (13-03-2013),mama and her little bearxxx  (12-03-2013),Pesca77  (13-03-2013),RobinSparkles  (13-03-2013),shelle65  (13-03-2013),soccer mum  (12-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    Most posts aren't removed though. In the latest thread one post was edited and the rest stayed. If this thread was to share common beliefs then cool, I have no objection to that but this was the first post by the OP:

Perhaps the OP was worded badly but I understand to a degree. People who are anti RIC are mocked, called bullies, accused of being keyboard warriors, nazies etc... in the support for circ thread. Intact boys and men are called smelly and unhygenic, they are said to be dirty and unnattractive. This makes me angry but I can't respond in the pro circ area.

I hope people in this thread don't stoop to the same level. The frustration and anger I have is at the Doctors who advocate for and perform this procedure, not those parents who choose it. I just heartily wish it wasn't available.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

beebs  (13-03-2013),Benji  (13-03-2013),Busy-Bee  (13-03-2013),Lovemyfam  (13-03-2013),mama and her little bearxxx  (12-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly8329 View Post
    Mods ????
    This thread is simply bullying in my eyes no point to it , just made to pick on peoples decisions
    If there are specific posts that offend report them.

Guys let's keep this thread to being about people who want a supportive environment to discuss their intact sons and anti RIC views, and not so much about other people's decisions or it may get closed. there are people on here who face criticism from family for not circ'ing and it would be terrible if this was closed so we couldn't offer support to them.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

beebs  (13-03-2013),Busy-Bee  (13-03-2013),Mod-Myztik  (12-03-2013)

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast