Closed Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    Yes, and there is even a mother in another thread getting her son done very soon who doesn't really want to, but her partner is so she is!
    Oh man ... A mum should at least believe with all her heart she is doing the right thing before her baby is handed to someone to have their willy chopped. Not having the balls to stand up for bubba or at least challenge the daddy for a real debate on the issue...I can't get that.

And unless parents are prepared to watch it being done, they have no business having it done.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Bexta  (13-03-2013),Lovemyfam  (12-03-2013),MonsterMoosMum  (13-03-2013),Tainted  (12-03-2013)

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Thanks for starting the thread OP. I'd like to have a place where I can respond to accusations of being a band wagon jumpers and/or hiding behind a computer screen.

I never understand that accusation about the computer screen thing. This is a forum on an internet, by definition we need to be sitting in front of a computer to access it. My thoughts on the matter are the same in real life and if asked, I would verbalise my thoughts on the matter the same as I do so in here. The only difference is that I don't go around talking to random strangers about circ'ing but the nature of a parenting forum means that this subject is raised every so often. (It seems to be the topic du jour at the moment).

As for jumping on the bandwagon, I can only speak for myself but my thoughts on the matter are based on empirical evidence and a commitment to upholding human rights. If that makes me a band wagon jumper then it is a badge I will wear proudly. There was probably a point in time when there was a growing number of people who thought the Earth wasn't flat but was round and they were also called band-wagon jumpers.

I do get that some people get a bit over zealous at times but that could be said for any of the great parenting topics. I guess this one gets particularly passionate because anti-RIC people see it as a human rights issue.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Busy-Bee For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (12-03-2013),beebs  (12-03-2013),Bexta  (13-03-2013),Guest654  (12-03-2013),HappyBovinexx  (12-03-2013),Tainted  (12-03-2013),VanityFey  (12-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjalee View Post
    But why do you need support? you're in the majority and not made to feel like a scum bag for NOT having your child done... I don't get it.

I don't have views either way... but after seeing some of the posts by anti-circ posters lately they already feel quite proud about themselves so I don't know why the need "support".
    Then why are you here? If you dont like it close the thread and dont return, the OP wants to discuss things she has that right.

Quote Originally Posted by Renesme View Post
    I'm not b1tching about other parents. That also wasn't in the pro circ section either that I made that comment. I do find it infuriating that someone can actually stand there and say they can't watch a procedure that was done to their son by their choice because they couldn't bear to know what they'd put their son through.
    Totally agree with you, to leave a new born baby scared and confused to cut his penis when all he wants to do is be with mom is sad really sad in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by αληθη View Post
    Well if it's not about support then why call it a thread about support?
    (I think that's the only thing being questioned?)

Sent from my talky stick
    Who cares what she titles it?

Quote Originally Posted by Natlie View Post
    But if you are anti circ, and are happy with your choice, then what is the problem? Why do you need support for that decision?
    Seriously.
    why do pro circers need support?

Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Oh man ... A mum should at least believe with all her heart she is doing the right thing before her baby is handed to someone to have their willy chopped. Not having the balls to stand up for bubba or at least challenge the daddy for a real debate on the issue...I can't get that.

And unless parents are prepared to watch it being done, they have no business having it done.
    exactly I dont understand letting someone push you to do something you really hate to do

Quote Originally Posted by ~Bec~ View Post
    Thanks for starting the thread OP. I'd like to have a place where I can respond to accusations of being a band wagon jumpers and/or hiding behind a computer screen.

I never understand that accusation about the computer screen thing. This is a forum on an internet, by definition we need to be sitting in front of a computer to access it. My thoughts on the matter are the same in real life and if asked, I would verbalise my thoughts on the matter the same as I do so in here. The only difference is that I don't go around talking to random strangers about circ'ing but the nature of a parenting forum means that this subject is raised every so often. (It seems to be the topic du jour at the moment).

As for jumping on the bandwagon, I can only speak for myself but my thoughts on the matter are based on empirical evidence and a commitment to upholding human rights. If that makes me a band wagon jumper then it is a badge I will wear proudly. There was probably a point in time when there was a growing number of people who thought the Earth wasn't flat but was round and they were also called band-wagon jumpers.

I do get that some people get a bit over zealous at times but that could be said for any of the great parenting topics. I guess this one gets particularly passionate because anti-RIC people see it as a human rights issue.
    I will say the same things in real life, I actually have a friend having a boy and if she would have had him done I would no longer be her friend because to me after all the info I shared if she couldnt see that it was not best for her son to be left whole I just couldnt see us being friends. Its so cruel in my eyes and no good reason to do it. I am actually leaning towards it being child abuse the more I think about it.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lovemyfam For This Useful Post:

Ashram  (12-03-2013),Bexta  (13-03-2013),Pawzette  (12-03-2013),Renesme  (13-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Subbing. I could do with the support, 2 (im proud to say) uncircumcised boys and a few pro-circ family members has me feeling a little blue.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to WineTime For This Useful Post:

Bexta  (13-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Why is there a question about the validity if this read? There are pro circ people on here that say un-circed boys are, dirty, smelly, disgusting, unattractive, unhealthy etc. I don't have a son but I do have an uncirced DSS. He is not dirty, smelly, ugly or anything else because he has intact genitalia. If people want a supportive environment to discuss their intact sons and anti RIC views, I don't see why anyone should question that?

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

beebs  (12-03-2013),Benji  (13-03-2013),Bexta  (13-03-2013),jade24  (12-03-2013),jellybeanicecream  (12-03-2013),Mod-Degrassi  (13-03-2013),Tainted  (12-03-2013),VanityFey  (12-03-2013)

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    My DS recently got balanitis which is more common in intact boys. Quick trip to the doctor for some cream and a reminder on how to pee properly. One application of cream and no more stinging when peeing. Much easier and less invasive than removing the foreskin!
    Last edited by Busy-Bee; 13-03-2013 at 06:20.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Busy-Bee For This Useful Post:

VanityFey  (12-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Bec~ View Post
    My DS recently got balanitis which is more common in intact boys. Quick trip to the doctor for some cream and a reminder on how to pee properly. One application of cream and no more stinging when peeing. Much easier and less evasive than removing the foreskin!
    I see this as a reason some are circing, that and the skin being non retractable on babies I think doctors need a bit more education on the intact penis care and slow down on wanting an easy solution. My intact son ha never had a problem with infections or anything my circed ex SS use to have problems a lot, so much education needs to be done.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    If the circ'ers can have threads where they can talk in peace and quiet about something others see as ridiculous, lets afford that same 'right' to the anti-circ..?
    I don't get involved in the circ threads but 'in peace and quiet'? lol every pro circ thread is taken over by anti circers despite the rules being very clear. I also question the intent of this thread... which I think is basically just a thread to b*tch about circers.

Those that disagree with circ control the anti circ section (and fair enough), the pro circ and the Discuss It section. They are hardly displaced lol and no I'm not pro circ...

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

munchkin275  (12-03-2013),Purple Lily  (12-03-2013)

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    When it comes to the pro-circing threads there are rules and regulations about what's allowed to be said. One of my own posts was deleted simply because I said that I think it should be fine for anti people to post on pro threads so long as they're answering a question and being respectful. And the same in return for pro people coming onto anti threads.
    My post was deleted because I was promoting respect on all sides?!

So yep, sorry but if you don't like anti-circing attitudes then fine. But understand that if you're going to demand a place where you can strictly regulate who's responses are valid and worthy of being heard simply based on whether or not they agree with your opinion then you have to appreciate that those people probably would like to have the same freedom of speech themselves .

Might be interesting when you (those who get annoyed when anti people comment in pro threads EVEN WHEN IT'S RESPECTFUL AND NON-ANTAGONISTIC) see how it feels to have your words literally wiped from existence simply because you don't have the same view as someone else.
    Oppression is oppression whether you're the majority or the minority. The numbers or lack of shouldn't give one group preferential treatment over the other.

FTR, I don't really care enough two hoots either way what someone else does with their children's willy. It's not my place to judge and I just wouldn't do it for my kids. But what really gets my goat is when someone says "Your opinion doesn't count and shouldn't exist because you don't agree with me".

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Eko For This Useful Post:

beebs  (12-03-2013),Bexta  (13-03-2013),Renesme  (13-03-2013),soccer mum  (12-03-2013),VanityFey  (12-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Mods ????
    This thread is simply bullying in my eyes no point to it , just made to pick on peoples decisions

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast