Closed Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjalee View Post
    I'm just really stuggling with the OPs intentions here.

I read all circ threads because if we have a boy I want to be informed and go forward with a lot of advice/opinions. But when all I see in all circ'ing threads (even in the pro-circ area) is people sayign things like the below, I really don't see why they need a thread for support. To feel superior? A thread to b!tch about other parents?
    I'm not b1tching about other parents. That also wasn't in the pro circ section either that I made that comment. I do find it infuriating that someone can actually stand there and say they can't watch a procedure that was done to their son by their choice because they couldn't bear to know what they'd put their son through.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Renesme View Post
    I'm not b1tching about other parents. That also wasn't in the pro circ section either that I made that comment. I do find it infuriating that someone can actually stand there and say they can't watch a procedure that was done to their son by their choice because they couldn't bear to know what they'd put their son through.
    Vaccinating dd is something done by choice, that I see as beneficial, and I leave the building because I'm scared of needles. Should I stop vaccinating her?

Nowhere is offline Winner 2007- Most Supportive Of Feeding Other-Than-Breast Award
    Winner 2010- Most Optimistic Poster Award
    Winner 2010- The Most Supportive Member Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I am anti circ but i think needing support for that is plain stupid, call me un empathetic if you like but seriously why need support over being anti circ

Sure if you are specifically getting grief over you decision not to then post that and fair enough but just as a general support thread come of it.

What exactly are people needing support for

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjalee View Post
    But why do you need support? you're in the majority and not made to feel like a scum bag for NOT having your child done... I don't get it.

I don't have views either way... but after seeing some of the posts by anti-circ posters lately they already feel quite proud about themselves so I don't know why the need "support".
    Its not just about support.What's wrong with the anti-circers just wanting to have a chat? Get it off our chest here, in a thread reserved for the anti-circ, how ridiculous we think circ is. That way we don't have to feel the need to toot off as much at those who do circ.

If the circ'ers can have threads where they can talk in peace and quiet about something others see as ridiculous, lets afford that same 'right' to the anti-circ..?

5. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (12-03-2013),beebs  (12-03-2013),Bexta  (13-03-2013),Lovemyfam  (12-03-2013),Mokeybear  (12-03-2013),Tainted  (12-03-2013),VanityFey  (12-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think the OP meant that she would like to express her feelings on the things said about circumcision with other anti-circers. Without doing it in a thread in which she knows it will not be permitted. The "support" thing was just a play on the title of the other thread, I think.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to shelle65 For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (12-03-2013)

αληθη is offline BH name read as Aleethee
    Winner 2012 - One most likely to be hacked by Nomsie
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Its not just about support.What's wrong with the anti-circers just wanting to have a chat? Get it off our chest here, in a thread reserved for the anti-circ, how ridiculous we think circ is. That way we don't have to feel the need to toot off as much at those who do circ.

If the circ'ers can have threads where they can talk in peace and quiet about something others see as ridiculous, lets afford that same 'right' to the anti-circ..?
    Well if it's not about support then why call it a thread about support?
    (I think that's the only thing being questioned?)

Sent from my talky stick

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Well how about this: my family are RICers for religious reasons and I'm already hoping I have a girl so I don't have to deal with them when I don't circumcise my boy!

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rainbow road For This Useful Post:

beebs  (12-03-2013),Bexta  (13-03-2013),BlissedOut  (12-03-2013)

αληθη is offline BH name read as Aleethee
    Winner 2012 - One most likely to be hacked by Nomsie
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow road View Post
    Well how about this: my family are RICers for religious reasons and I'm already hoping I have a girl so I don't have to deal with them when I don't circumcise my boy!
    Oh I can see how that would need support if you have a boy. O__O

Sent from my talky stick

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow road View Post
    Exactly. There are so many instances where people need support with their anti-RIC stance.

I've seen many mothers come in here feeling bullied and helpless about what's happening with their son's penis, by husbands, family members etc...

Of course it's something people need support with.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to BlissedOut For This Useful Post:

Bexta  (13-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by αληθη View Post
    Saying it nicely to those parents would be rather dandy though.
    (I haven't read the thread, just going off the comment that was quoted just above your post somewhere that seemed a little unhelpful to someone who may have said something uninformed in part of their pro circ decision).

Sent from my talky stick
    They weren't the same threads!