Closed Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovemyfam View Post
    I have used the M word because that is what I feel it is just like for FGM why can we use it for girls and not boys? I have also said I think its abuse because I do. I am also guilty of going into pro circ threads and I can see that is wrong to go in their threads so I will not any more. I wont use the M word here but sure will everywhere else because that is what I think of it. We are all entitled to our own opinions but we are also all entitled to have say over our bodies that extends to babies too.

Like i said thats your opinion just like pro circers have their in regards to intact babies.
    My opinion isnt that heavy handed or passionate i guess. I dont think either is right or wrong. It just simply wasnt something we felt like pursuing and is something we felt could be discussed and looked at with our son when he was old enough to decide what he wanted.
    But i do believe we all need support for different things in life even if your desicion correlates with the majority.

I am fully happy with our desicion not to circumcise our son but that doesnt mean that hurtful words don't effect me. Just like not matter how much a pro circer is happy with their choice to circumcise doesnt mean hurtful words dont effect them. Again parenting issues are so divided that you either agree or you dont but much fewer people will learn to agree to disagree without being hurftul to each other.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MonsterMoosMum For This Useful Post:

beebs  (13-03-2013),Busy-Bee  (13-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    My dad asked if I would get my son done because it's cleaner

My 2 brothers are done. I have 5 brothers and sisters and in total, I have 8 nephews, none of which were done at birth. My brother's eldest son had to get done at about 7, but all others have not had any problems and they're all teenagers or in their twenties now.

I don't cop any pressure from my husband as he's Irish and intact, it's not common practice over there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    My dad asked if I would get my son done because it's cleaner

My 2 brothers are done. I have 5 brothers and sisters and in total, I have 8 nephews, none of which were done at birth. My brother's eldest son had to get done at about 7, but all others have not had any problems and they're all teenagers or in their twenties now.

I don't cop any pressure from my husband as he's Irish and intact, it's not common practice over there.
    I got no pressure form anywhere either and like ive said before my whole pregnancy i wasnt asked about it once, I did the research and asked my family about it. dad is intact brothers intact, hubbys intact his 5 brothers all intact.
    It just wasnt an issue for us. When i first asked hubby about it which was roughly 8 months into the pregnancy. His response was " we can have a look into but i dont really care, a penis is a penis aslong as it works its fine"
    did some research and well DS was left intact

Mod-RaryGirl is offline Forum Manager
    Winner 2013 - Best Avatar
    << Awesome avatar by Best Things!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    This thread is posted in the anti RIC section ...

Forum: Anti Routine Infant Circumcision

For those who wish to put in writing their objections to this procedure and explain why they feel this way.
    This section is for the highlighted reasons above. Forum rules still apply and you must post in the spirit of BubHub, it isn't a section to be rude and condescending towards those who don't hold the same beliefs as you. The same applies to the pro section.

I'm going to close this thread and ask that you please start a new thread for those who wish to put in writing their objections to the RIC procedure and explain why they feel this way.

ETA: A new thread has been started HERE and the same has been done for the pro-cir section, with the same reminders of what this section is for.
    Last edited by Mod-RaryGirl; 13-03-2013 at 14:20.