+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default 25 weeks - really sore throat, snotty nose, headache etc....

Hi Ladies,
    Feeling really cr@p today!
    Anything I can take apart from panadol?
    Seems to be a Summer cold........the worst!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    What colour is your snot? Are you coughing anything up?

I would head off to the doctor just incase

Panadol, olive leaf extract and some nice lemon/honey drink (which doesnt taste nice imo )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by monnie24 View Post
    What colour is your snot? Are you coughing anything up?

I would head off to the doctor just incase

Panadol, olive leaf extract and some nice lemon/honey drink (which doesnt taste nice imo )
    Not coughing anything up, but snot is yellowish.
    We had a a HUGE weekend so I will see how I feel after a good night's sleep tonight and yes, will go to the docs if it doesn't clear up.
    Thank you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    The Doctor will most likely just tell you to rest, stay VERY hydrated (which helps immensely), take Paracetemol or Panadeine (if headaches are quite bad) and salt water gargles.

I used to use saline drops for my nose, vapourisor at bedtime to keep the room humid and not dry which would irritate my throat further and have honey, garlic and lemon in some hot water and sip as a tea. If my head was pounding I would take paracetemol.

You can take tablets with Dexchlorpheniramine or Chlorpheniramine when you're pregnant, but those are only really recommended if you have Influenza which you don't. For the common cold I would be just sticking to all of the above and drinking lot's of water.

Hope you feel better soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Uniquey View Post
    The Doctor will most likely just tell you to rest, stay VERY hydrated (which helps immensely), take Paracetemol or Panadeine (if headaches are quite bad) and salt water gargles.

I used to use saline drops for my nose, vapourisor at bedtime to keep the room humid and not dry which would irritate my throat further and have honey, garlic and lemon in some hot water and sip as a tea. If my head was pounding I would take paracetemol.

You can take tablets with Dexchlorpheniramine or Chlorpheniramine when you're pregnant, but those are only really recommended if you have Influenza which you don't. For the common cold I would be just sticking to all of the above and drinking lot's of water.

Hope you feel better soon.
    Thank you so much. I seriously can't wait to get home from work and have an early night & a good night's sleep.
    My sore throat kept waking me up last night & baby decided to dance about 5am! ugh........... hurry up time!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    If your work place has air con, that won't be hleping much either, so I would try and get some vitamin D and fresh air. I forgot to also mention that sometimes dairy can irritate the sinus' too, so whilst I am not saying to cut out dairy, maybe cut back a bit to help with the mucus. Ah... the joys of pregnancy and colds!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    It has been ridiculously hot here in Adelaide so I really think that the hot/cold/hot/cold has contributed to this!
    Being inside with air-con and then going outside into the boiling hot - change of temps, doesn't help.
    All I feel like doing is sleeping!!!!
    A cold in Summer is the worst!