+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think not going vbac for me is more why you had the c in the first place. I had an emergency c sect with my son but only cause he turned posterior at the last moment and wouldn't get unstuck. I wasn't bleeding and neither of us were in trouble.

This time around I am going for a vbac as I think it is better for my body.

From personal experience too many operations on your tummy aren't good. I ruptured my appendix a few years before I had ds and then I had an emergency c-sect.

I have suffered with pain when my bladder and intestines get full from scar tissue that is binding my insides together. My dr has told me this pregnancy should stretch it out otherwise I was looking at having to pay for surgery to get it all sliced apart as because it isn't emergency surgery it isn't public funded.

I personally feel that I want to try as not that I feel like a failure or that it has traumatised me I do feel like I have missed out by not having a natural birth.

However, this is me. I pass no judgement on others who choose to have elective c-sects. It is your body and your choice. You need to do what is right for you.

But your body is more than capable (as long as there are no underlying medical conditions) to have vbacs. If you are worried about that don't be.

Good luck with your decision.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by upforroundtwo View Post
    I think not going vbac for me is more why you had the c in the first place. I had an emergency c sect with my son but only cause he turned posterior at the last moment and wouldn't get unstuck. I wasn't bleeding and neither of us were in trouble.

This time around I am going for a vbac as I think it is better for my body.

From personal experience too many operations on your tummy aren't good. I ruptured my appendix a few years before I had ds and then I had an emergency c-sect.

I have suffered with pain when my bladder and intestines get full from scar tissue that is binding my insides together. My dr has told me this pregnancy should stretch it out otherwise I was looking at having to pay for surgery to get it all sliced apart as because it isn't emergency surgery it isn't public funded.

I personally feel that I want to try as not that I feel like a failure or that it has traumatised me I do feel like I have missed out by not having a natural birth.

However, this is me. I pass no judgement on others who choose to have elective c-sects. It is your body and your choice. You need to do what is right for you.

But your body is more than capable (as long as there are no underlying medical conditions) to have vbacs. If you are worried about that don't be.

Good luck with your decision.
    I had a lap two months before getting my BFP for suspected endo as I hadn't been able to conceive in 2.5yrs. I had organ binding from scar tissue as well and it cost nearly $8000 to have the endo removed and binding adhesions cut. Choosing and elective cesarean this is one of the things that worries me the most. Although in my case I will most likely need future surgeries for endo anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had a c sec with my girl 4 yrs ago .. She was breech .
    I have chosen c sec again .. I don't want to push a baby out .. I have no desire to go through labour or know what a contraction feels like .
    my girl was 4 kg at just before 38 weeks .. This baby boy is going to be big .. I bet bigger .. So no way will I push him out.

Many vbac are successful ..it's up to what you feel is right and what you want your birth to be like .

best of luck !

Thanks
    Reviews
    My eldest daughter was breach. As it was a first birth and they has tried to turn her unsuccessfully, I opted for a caesar. I was glad I did, the cord was around her leg, her neck, and back round her leg. She didn't turn as she didn't have room to turn.
    My second was a vbac. I loved it. I healed so much faster, even though I tore and needed stitches. It was an easier bonding experience later as they didn't need to take baby away while I recovered. It was just all round better and I will always recommend it. Having said that, I'm now breach with my current pregnancy and don't know what to do. If I go vbac even though I'm breach, and there is a similar problem with this one as with my first, I don't think I would forgive myself for causing bub harm. If I go caesar and there was no problem, I think I will always regret my choice just a little. I was/am looking forward to a ' normal' birth. I'm just hoping bub flips around and I dont have to make that choice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I had 2 c-secs then 2 very straight forward VBA2C's (one 3 days ago!)
    It was right the decision for me.
    I think arm yourself with as much knowledge as possible and speak to your doctor/Ob.
    I had a really really supportive Ob with my natural deliveries.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ARCTICJULZ View Post
    My eldest daughter was breach. As it was a first birth and they has tried to turn her unsuccessfully, I opted for a caesar. I was glad I did, the cord was around her leg, her neck, and back round her leg. She didn't turn as she didn't have room to turn.
    My second was a vbac. I loved it. I healed so much faster, even though I tore and needed stitches. It was an easier bonding experience later as they didn't need to take baby away while I recovered. It was just all round better and I will always recommend it. Having said that, I'm now breach with my current pregnancy and don't know what to do. If I go vbac even though I'm breach, and there is a similar problem with this one as with my first, I don't think I would forgive myself for causing bub harm. If I go caesar and there was no problem, I think I will always regret my choice just a little. I was/am looking forward to a ' normal' birth. I'm just hoping bub flips around and I dont have to make that choice.
    Have tried the Webster technique with a chiro?
    I also used acupuncture and did lots of exercises to flip my baby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for that. I will look it up and see if theres anyone around here that will do that. I'm willing to give anything a go.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by faroutbrusselsprout View Post
    I had 2 c-secs then 2 very straight forward VBA2C's (one 3 days ago!)
    It was right the decision for me.
    I think arm yourself with as much knowledge as possible and speak to your doctor/Ob.
    I had a really really supportive Ob with my natural deliveries.
    OT but yay! Congrats FOBS

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm in the same boat I had a emergency Caesar however mine was for the safety of me and my dd as it was a week later they discovered I had cancer and with all the side effects it cause would prolly have died if I tried to birth her was only given 5 hrs notice no labor or anything I was 34 weeks ... I've been pre booked for a csection at 38+1 as my Ds is measuring about 4 weeks ahead and they don't want to risk my body not coping at full term I would love to have a vbac but that would have to happen between now and my csection date ... I believe you need to be prepared for everything having dd taught me ESP with birth don't set your mind to one or the other be open to both I've had a few friends end up with heavy pnd from not having the birth the 'dreamed' of .... Be open to wat can happen but prepared for both as well

Thanks
    Reviews
    I cant decide either!

I’m 28 weeks with my 2nd bub and had a planned caesarian nearly 3 years ago with my first as my son was breech. I couldn’t complain about the experience. The scar is amazing and the recovery wasn’t too bad. A little sore if I got out of bed the wrong way and a little frustrating not being able to walk long distances until at least 2-3 weeks later but overall a positive walk in the park experience.

With my second I am torn as to what to do. My Ob seems to be guiding me towards another caesarian due to the risk of scar tearing. But, for what I realise are actually selfish reasons, I feel pressure to try natural - Pressure from society (too posh to push, too many unnecessary caesarians performed in private hospitals etc). And all my friends have had natural births and its definitely a life experience I would love to have. But the guilt if complications were to affect my baby all because I wanted to be a hero would kill me!

One friend from my pre-natal class had a vbac and she said she much preferred caesarian as she had tearing and very bad haemarroids! She felt the recovery was as long as a caesarian and the haemarroids are for life!

Aaaahh! In the end all I want is a healthy baby and really don’t need a stressful experience. I’m pretty sure I’ll be stressed out during labour with ‘scar tearing’ in the back of my mind.