+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mum2EandR View Post
    Eeew, I'd never get in one of those ballpits lol!
    It helps build up immunity

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I can't believe that people exist who don't EVER find what their kids do/say/play is absolutely never mundane or just not very exciting.

Wow.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kw123 For This Useful Post:

beebs  (12-03-2013),SassyMummy  (12-03-2013),SoThisIsLove  (12-03-2013),Two Sweetpeas  (12-03-2013)

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    My DS4s favourite thing at the moment is getting his nappy off a putting poo all over the place. Nope, not going to pretend I like that game - even if it makes me a bad parent!
    Well a really good mother would take a photo of it, post it to facebook or pinterest then get a sheet of paper to press over it so you can put the transfer in the scrap book. I'm not judging you, I'm just sayin'.......

5. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

Amiedoll  (14-03-2013),beebs  (12-03-2013),FearlessLeader  (12-03-2013),gizmoduckus  (12-03-2013),Guest654  (12-03-2013),lovesushi  (13-03-2013),MrJones&Me  (12-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialPatrolGroup View Post
    Well a really good mother would take a photo of it, post it to facebook or pinterest then get a sheet of paper to press over it so you can put the transfer in the scrap book. I'm not judging you, I'm just sayin'.......

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Believer View Post
    But the point is, taking the kids to the park once a week or whatever and zoning out, using it as 'me time' (or as what resembles 'me time' as a SAHM) isn't being an uninvolved parent. It does not indicate a lack of interest in your child. Obviously, as long as the child is under responsible supervision, I don't believe getting in there every. single. time. makes one a better mum than another. I have joined in more times than not, and have felt the scorn for getting on my phone on those occasions I have.

My kids have 98% of my attention, but I too am already tired of 'MUM! MUUUUUM! Look at my special magic trick! Abracadabra, a la Kazaam, make that *object* DISAPPEAR!' *throws object over head*.

The first time he did it I clapped and danced like a mad woman! I skyped nana and let him show her. I then watched, rapt, for weeks, marvelling that only 3 short years ago, he said 'cheese' and I thought he was a genius!

He did it for the 30,000,871 time today and I was proud of myself for managing a half smile and not laying down on the ground and having a 2 year old tantrum, complete with limbs flailing.

But as usual, I find myself saying, why can't we all just leave each other alone. Fine, judge me, some just can't help themselves, but must you REALLY make sure I *know* you think I'm inferior /lazy/fat/skinny/over-protective/under-protective/neglectful/stifling...

This is getting my goat lately....

Edit: BlissedOut - I know I quoted you, but this rant is NOT Directed at you. Lol. I was thinking solely of the writer of the article and this one woman who gave me the stink eye today...
    I guess it depends on age/who you're at the park with etc. I go to the park every day with my kids. I go crazy inside and get out for my own sanity. When I'm at home, I'm either cooking, cleaning, washing, breastfeeding or trying to get a baby to sleep, so when I go out, I do make the most to spend time with my kids, because I don't spend enough time doing things with them at home, and I know that, which is why I go out. Usually, I'm catching up with friends, and we do chat whilst walking around, following the kids sometimes. My son had just turned 2 when he broke his arm at the park, he then had to go under general anaesthetic to put the bones back in place. I felt guilty enough that I couldn't catch him in time from the other side of the climbing frame. I would've been mortified if I was on my phone kicking back when that happened.

I don't tut at people who get out their phone occasionally, because I do too, but I've seen so many kids pleading with their mum or dad to even look up at them and be constantly answered with "in a minute!" I find that sad. Also, my son is sometimes the one who pushes, yells etc. at other kids, so I need to watch him. Imagine the threads that would be started on here if I was that mum who was glued to the phone when my son hit another kid at the park LMAO
    Last edited by BigRedV; 12-03-2013 at 19:28.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    I think a quick glance is different to parents who are glued to the phone.

I've seen so many parents take their kids to the park and spend the whole time on it without even interacting with their child/ren. I find it sad.
    Maybe they are working .. Maybe they are arranging a funeral for a grandparent that just died .. Maybe they are researching latest treatments for cancer as their friend has just been diagnosed..unless you can see what's on the phone .. Who knows???

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Maybelline For This Useful Post:

gizmoduckus  (12-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well I'll be sure to add this one to the list of bad parenting. I must say, it's getting harder harder to do anything right these days.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Buttermilk For This Useful Post:

beebs  (12-03-2013),gizmoduckus  (12-03-2013),Two Sweetpeas  (12-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Heavens only knows what the school mums think of me but then again seeing as not one of them respond to my "hi how are you" I'm not sure I care. Yes I will be on my iPhone while sitting outside of DS' classroom waiting for the bell to ring trying to finish my emails from work that I couldn't get to as I had to leave to fight the traffic to get him.

If I put him in to OOSH I'd be judged for being one of those mums who puts work first, if I watched his every move at the park I'd be one of those mums that hover or that horrible term helicopter, if I let them watch a movie rather than play I'd be one of those mums that let them watch too much tv. You're one of those mums no matter what you do!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ICanDream For This Useful Post:

beebs  (12-03-2013),tamute  (12-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Maybelline View Post
    Maybe they are working .. Maybe they are arranging a funeral for a grandparent that just died .. Maybe they are researching latest treatments for cancer as their friend has just been diagnosed..unless you can see what's on the phone .. Who knows???
    Most likely they are probably on bubhub!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think its good for kids to understand that their parents have friends and have a life outside of catering to them! And its certainly not healthy for anybody to not have a social life outside their family. But like a pp said its all about balance