+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default *possible trigger*spin off* How do know if your fears are valid?

How can you tell if your concerns about a family member/inlaw etc are justified, and not just paranoia? (In terms of potential child abuse/inappropriate behaviour).

αληθη is offline BH name read as Aleethee
    Winner 2012 - One most likely to be hacked by Nomsie
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Evidence I suppose or if several people have the same worry? I often worry and have never questioned whether they've been valid but I also haven't acted upon them (obviously haven't been worried about anything too serious).

Sent from my talky stick

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    If it's something you feel about pretty much every male/stranger or whatever, then I'd say it's probably safe to assume you're paranoid.

If it's something you feel only for one person (or only a few), then it doesn't mean that they are as bad as you fear, but that you have those fears for a reason and to listen to your instincts.

That's how I view it anyway.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

giggle berry  (01-04-2013),jellybeanicecream  (12-03-2013),Kiplusthree  (12-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    I'm finding this topic very interesting and struggling with this topic myself in regards to some issues going on in my life at the moment.

I'm interested to see what people say.

ETA: not so much child abuse as just general "deceitful behaviour/inappropriate behaviour of the non sexual variety"
    Last edited by DesperatelySeekingSleep; 12-03-2013 at 11:05.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If it's something you can't quite put your finger on then your gut is telling you something and you steer clear.

Sometimes, though, when we are in a state of disarray it causes us to externalise a lot of what we are feeling and see things that aren't there. But if it's a particular feeling that won't go away, then by all means investigate it. Your intuition is there for a reason.

However, if it's something you have actually seen or heard, then I would speak to someone about it with a view to gathering further evidence.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    always trust your spidey senses...ALWAYS.

We are given those feelings for a reason and I have vowed never to ignore them. If i get a funny feeling about someone they are never ever ever allowed to be alone with my kids or present when I am dressing them/changing them/bathing them etc.

I will try to be subtle..but my kids safety comes before someone else's feelings.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by River Song View Post
    always trust your spidey senses...ALWAYS.

We are given those feelings for a reason and I have vowed never to ignore them. If i get a funny feeling about someone they are never ever ever allowed to be alone with my kids or present when I am dressing them/changing them/bathing them etc.

I will try to be subtle..but my kids safety comes before someone else's feelings.
    This! And if it's about someone else and someone elses kids, and a prolonged feeling, call the appropriate department. They won't race in and take someones kids based on one call, but if they've had multiple calls about the same family they will start to look at it. Always remember, your call alone won't cause anyone to have their kids taken.