+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hug a bub baby carriers - reviews please?

As above.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I bought one 2nd hand for my first bub and she hated it. DS loved it so I at least got some use out of it.

It is quite expensive new and I'm not sure it would be any better than any other cotton stretchy wraps so maybe shop around and at least try one on if you can. I found them quite fiddly to get on but most others have no trouble so maybe it's just me.

I also had 2 caesareans so I found it difficult to wear for long periods of time, plus DS was a whopping 10lb11 which didn't help!

Once bubs is in there and sitting correctly it really is quite comfortable and bubs is very close to you which is nice

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I love my stretchy wrap, but don't buy a hugabub they are ridiculously expensive.
    Stretchies can get very hot and you can't use them for a really long time (as in, they don't hold a larger baby despite what the advertising says) so it would be worth looking into woven wraps as well, I don't have one but I've heard you get all the pros of a stretchy wrap minus some of the cons including those I listed above.
    But if you just want it for when bub is little, and you're not somewhere hot then go for it, they're great- just look around for something cheaper.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have a hugabub. It is amazing!!! My eldest and youngest DDs loved it and would sleep happily in it snuggled into my body.
    Can be a bit tricky to master but didn't take me long to get the hang of it. Hot in summer but perfect for a winter bub.
    Mine was a baby shower gift so I didn't have to pay for it.
    When bub gets to heavy I moved onto a SSC as I don't feel hugabub gave much back support with a heavier bub.

Would definitely recommend one

Thanks
    Reviews
    Try and get one second hand if you can, you only really get to use them whilst bubs is little. I love mine for new baby ergo once baby is a few months old ...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Loved mine for when DD was little, can't wait to use it again when we get round to #2. Can definitely pick them up cheaper second hand though, or the sleepy wrap (aka boba wrap) is a cheaper alternative

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had one for DD3, and used it again for DD4. I found it great, but couldn't use it for long as DD4 was a rather large baby.

This time I think I will just go for a woven wrap (something lightweight, need to research!), as I will be able to use it until bubs is a toddler.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you're after reviews, there are a bunch of them in our review section - here - if you're on the computer. They're from bubhubbers as well. I think they're mostly good comments, haven't looked too hard at them myself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone!
    I'm not too worried about the heat - Newcastle in April/May will be comfy.
    The price sounds good and there's a few 2nd hand online. Yay!