+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey. I am severely pcos. Had Amh level of 148.9. We were given the option of ovulation induction or ivf and chose the latter because of the high chance of cancelled cycles with OI.
    I was put on cabogolene, anastrozole and provera after retrieval. The cabogolene was for the ohss. I bloated out quite bad just before retrieval and looked like I was pregnant. The freeze all was a precaution as they retrieved 36 eggs and on my final scan I was showing over 60.

I work 7/7 roster. We have found it difficult with timing but I was able to take a few weeks off for retrieval.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also don't be scared of the needles. Pivet usually use GonalF which the needle is tiny and then centrotide to stop u ovulating early. The centrotide is a small needle still but is a little daunting that u have to mix it before injection. I was needle phobic before I started and after 23 days of them before retrieval I don't think I am anymore!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    X
    Last edited by Catttc; 02-04-2013 at 21:36.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Kelbel,

Thanks for the info everything you mentioned is exactly what I picked up today so yay for small needles (can't believe I am saying that 😄)

Well I am a little nervous, apprehensive, excited, have butterflies and a fridge full of medications I feel like the local pharmacy!

I got the call from the clinic this afternoon to advise me that my baseline bloods done this morning look good and I am now to start on my Gonal F tomorrow with my first scan scheduled for this Saturday! So here I go!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi im back! Ive tried to stay away as with the last 2 months cancelled i was sure this month would be canned too. But its finally a goa.

Cattc we prob sat in waiting room together. I too was at pivet for day 2 tuesday.

Thanks for those who havecposted here. Its nice to have others who are flying solo during this when the one you love cant be home for it. Best surprise when dh arrived home wed. He has put in leave to be home for this cycle ... god he's gorgeous.

Cattc does pivet do scans saturday? I am supposed to have early monitoring because of what happened in dec cycle but on the call tuesday arvo nurse said friday too early so not until monday!

I thought they did bloods only on saturday, not u/s ??

Im annoyed because early tracking was promised post review from last cycle ( due to some negative circumstances) and now they are not doing it. So a little frustrated .

Omg kelbel i didnt realise you had ended up with sooo many eggs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Sunshinebell, well after your post I got a little concerned because I could have swore that the nurse told me I would have my first scan in Saturday! I contacted the clinic and somewhere along the lines between me and the nurse (again I am dead certain she told me scan) it seems as though it will only be a blood test on Saturday, as you mentioned the clinic advised that I would not have a u/s because they don't do them on a weekend!

I am really sorry if I caused you any undue frustration but as mentioned I think the nurse got ahead of herself!

I was of the impression that they start scans from around day 6 anyway so obviously i must be way off, can anyine tell me what the process is I.e. when will they start scans, around what CDay is EPU (obviously it differs from person to person) but can you give me some guidelines as to what to expect over the next couple of weeks?

So glad your DH has come home to be with you during this cycle it really is amazing of him to have surprised you like that however it takes a special person (which obviously he is) to know when you need him most!

Good luck all hope you are all traveling well in your Cycles thus far

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Cattac sorry too. All good lol. Hope your bloods were good yesterday. Cant wait for tomorrow. Only 2 follies, 1 egg, 0 fert inDec cycle so fingers crossed for tomorrow.

Seems new nurses each month .... i had to tell them to add a drugvto my chart fs has had me on for 3mths that they hadnt even added to my chart.

Will see how we go, but have said to hubby should we move to a 7 day clinic that does your cycle at the optimum times not pulling forward and pushing back to move around weekends. But then again ... its worked plenty of times for others.

Ive just sorted through the wardrobe to find some work pants with some extra tummy room. Thought i was going to bust a button or zip yesterday!! Got a bit of tummy bloat happening already.

Im not sure about scans. They are not as early as i was originally told either. Diff for everyone i guess. Last time they told me day 6 to early, 7&8 were wend and when i had scan monday was told go home and have trigger. So fs agreed not monitored early enough. So see what happens tomorrow.

I hope some others will share their schedule as from other threads im pretty sure most have bloods u/s every other day from about day 7ish and have epu from day 10-14?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,
    my DP is on an international FIFO roster, we have been really fortunate with our FS, we told him about DPs roster and he was like right lets put you back on the pill and we will work backwards from his days off roster. Things more or less went to plan he was home for the EPU, but it was hard the first few injections I was very nervous but as it turns out the Gonalf needle was super fine. I did end up with OHSS so my transfer got cancelled but after 32 collected we ended up with 18 in the freezer. It sounds terrible but DP has played his part and now we don't have to stress about will he be home in time, i know it's just something ill have to do on my own not a great situation to be in but that's one of the many sacrifices we make for working in the mining industry. We are Hoping for a transfer end of April early May DP does have days off during this period but having said that AF arrived 4 days after collection and FS doesn't want me on any meds just to give my body a chance to settle after the OHSS so god knows if AF is going to play nice fingers crossed she does .
    DP and I have talked about it and when appointments fall while he is away I will try and Skype him if the international connection allows and if not FS said I can video it on the iPhone not great but its a way he can still be involved.
    our family know that IVF is something we will have to do to start a family but they have all been told not to ask any questions and when we have something to tell them we will, which has actually worked to our advantage not being asked what's going on every 5mins.
    Goodluck with everyone's journey.
    Champagne Bubbles

Thanks
    Reviews
    ChampagneBubbles i too would be lost without video calls & skype. It does make a difference seeing their face not just voice ... especially when its some importannt decisions to make sometimes. And you're right. Him being away has enabled us to not have financial worries to be able to do this, and enabled me to step back from mgment to pt during this time. So im not all stressed out like i was when previously going yhrough this.

Cattac how uou travelling? Up early cd10 scan this morning. I good follie & 8 small monday. I had a big smile. Thats heading in the right direction. 6more than last time. All i want is one to transfer. Anything more is a bonus. ..... but ill happily take bonuses!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone
    just checking in to see how everyone is travelling?
    DP is still away but is now back in OZ which is nice not much longer and he'll be home again.
    I'm/we are looking at a FET middle of May it looks like my body and my cycle have bounced back from the OHSS which is great and I got a positive on a digital Ovulation test tonight so bring on AF at the end of the month but geez these 33day cycles are long.
    I hope everyone is doing well oh and a tip I got all but too late if you get OHSS drink powerade apparently helps with the hydration etc etc better than water!

take care CB

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Champagne Bubbles For This Useful Post:

Sunshinebell  (16-04-2013)