+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies, sorry for delayed response Wanttobe, I have since been to see the FS an have been provided with the "infamous" cost sheet 😄! My DH was there with me, I think I had to keep him from falling off his chair (only kidding)!

AFM/us we are waiting for AF to start which should be this Saturday and then off to pick up injections on Sunday. I am starting with GonalF 200 and that's it! I am a bit confused by this because it seems like everyone else is on not just one but a few things at once. Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

I was seeing Dr Watts at Pivet in Leederville (she is really good) but due to my husband being back last week and the fact that Dr Watts works, I think only 2 mornings a week, it became too difficult to try and see her so we saw Dr Borude (who is also very good)!

Hope this post finds you all well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    Good luck to you ladies. I did IVF with a FIFO husband and it definitely was a challenge. I definitely found it hard that he wasn't there at all the important times of the cycle...especially when I first started injecting myself as I was completely freaked out about the needles!

Worth it in the end as we have our beautiful boy who is now 15 months old as a result!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Summastarlet, that definitely helps the nerves settle about it all! To be honest I am a bit worried as DH will be away for everything and will return just before the end of the TWW if we transfer this cycle. Having said that though we had the counseling session the other day and with everything that she advised we should expect to happen I.e. moods etc I am of the opinion that DH is quite happy that he will be away 😄😄😄

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Catttc,

exciting to get it all underway for you, i know the cost sheet is a bit of a shock, but you do get lots back from medicare, we got over 7000 back plus a bit from private health. it must be daunting going into your first cycle without hubbie, have you got a support person that can go with you to your collection and transfer? my hubbie is also going to be away for my upcoming fet transfer next friday, but im taking a girlfriend up with me to Pivet, as aswell as the support it is great to share the transfer experience with someone as its truly amazing. it doesnt matter if you dont though, as although ivf is a bit of a tough experience, its not as bad as i thought it would be (im a bit of a worrier!!) , it is uncomfortable, but its ok, and its do-able, just remember to be kind to yourself :-) i did some of my own injections too as i actually found it pretty empowering, i got a feeling of "yes i can do this"!!
    also i was only on gonal f for my collection cycle, and only on 135 and i ended up getting 14 eggs, 11 fertilised, one 5 day embie put in (negative) and two frozen for fets- so dont worry you arent arent anything else. i was put on orgalutran and cetrotide as the cycle went on, to slow me down and trigger me.
    as everyone said to me, although they do really want it to work first time for you, your first cycle is a bit of a test run for the fs, as they dont know how you will respond, but pivet are great, i feel in good hands there, they moniter you so closely and change things as you go.
    i hope it all goes well for you!

and summerstarlet, great to hear such a positive story :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Catttc View Post
    Hi Summastarlet, that definitely helps the nerves settle about it all! To be honest I am a bit worried as DH will be away for everything and will return just before the end of the TWW if we transfer this cycle. Having said that though we had the counseling session the other day and with everything that she advised we should expect to happen I.e. moods etc I am of the opinion that DH is quite happy that he will be away 😄😄😄
    DH was away for my entire FET cycle (which resulted in our DS). Missed all the early morning appointments, the meds and side effects, transfer (had to get my sister to take me as my FS likes to give Valium) and all but a day or 2 of the TWW!

It was hard but I did have my family for support. He was home the day we got the positive blood test results so we got to celebrate which was nice. I think he was glad to miss mood swings etc

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,
    My DF is about to start FIFO 17/4, we are currently at the tail end of our very first cycle Transfer is either tomorrow or Sunday. If this one isn't our turn then we will be starting again in May so I will be doing it by myself. So good to see there are a few of us who are in the same boat. :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DH and I are both FIFO. We are normally on jobs on different sides of Australia. It is possible. I conceived my DS while FIFO wa, my DH was FIFO Townsville, my egg donor sister was in Melbourne and the clinic was in Brisbane. I had to drive 400k for a scan. Flights cost us about 3k along as they were out of swing flights. It sucked, if I had got my DS I would have been seriously depressed. It is hard but it is possible. Always plan an extra day before they are required to be there to allow for cancelled flights, rain and being locked in camp or what ever.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to lilypily For This Useful Post:

Sunshinebell  (16-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Wanttobe and Summastarlet,

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my post. The only people who know at the moment is my MIL and FIL who are on holiday from overseas. We only recently told them and the only reason we told them is because I obviously needed someone to pick me after my EPU. I haven't said anything to my family, who live nearby and I visit frequently, I am not sure why I don't want to tell them but just don't feel it is right at the moment!

Glad to hear that the whole process is not so bad because to be honest I was a bit worried doing it alone, but it could possibly be a good thing on the other hand!

Pivet have been excellent and I have no qualms other than the early morning b/ts and u/s, if they know its going to be a busy day they should consider having more phlebotomists and sonographers on duty to help those who need to get off to work, but other than that they really have been excellent and I think I am just being picky in relation to the above!

I am starting to get quite excited now so fingers crossed all goes well and AF arrives on time so we/I can get the "show" on the road 😄
    Last edited by Catttc; 28-03-2013 at 22:13.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies. Hope u don't mind if I join. DH and I are both FIFO on separate site but same roster. We just completed our first cycle of ivf at Pivet with Dr Borude. We managed to get 16 embies in the freezer and were told to do a freeze all cycle due to the risk of ohss. Now I'm anxiously awaiting my FET cycle. I have a day 21 appt on the 12th of April then start the cycle after AF. so excited and wish it would hurry up!!!! Lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Kelbel,

That must be quite difficult with both of you away, what roster do you work if you don't mind me asking?

What medication where you on and did you have any signs of OHSS or was purely a be safe tactic to not transfer?

I saw Dr Barude on my day 21 appt and found her to be excellent. She really explained everything very well.

If you don't mind sharing, what is your reasons for going down the IVF path?

I am back at the clinic tomorrow morning to collect all my medication and a bit worried because I have NO idea what to expect over the next few weeks other than lots of jabbing incl b/t and those lovely scans 😄😄