+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone, I know this is a bit of an old thread and fingers crossed you've all achieved your BFPs! Just need to send my thoughts and worries out into the world cause we've not told anyone about our ttc issues.
    We've been ttc for 13 months now, 1 chemical but nothing else. DH just got SA back last week and Dr said if we want a child anytime soon we will need IVF, really upset me as for the last 12 months I've been trying so hard. DH was upset which was so hard to see, staying positive and trying to convince him to give vitamins a go for the next 3 months and then we'll ask to be retested. He is against taking vitamins which has been very frustrating but hoping he will give it a try. Going to try Metagenics Paternal Plus and Macca to start with, 8 tablets a day so fingers crossed he'll give it a good go.
    He works so hard 14days on 1 day off and in a very hot climate so worried this is doing damage but we're not in a position to quit mining work. We are moving back home and DH will return to FIFO 2 weeks on 1 week off. Hopefully this will help with stress and he'll have a better life/work balance, which hopefully = better sperm = no need for IVF. Plus we'll actually have access to good Drs and FS! Yay!! it's been so hard in a remote town, never see the same Dr twice.
    I'm not against IVF but wondering how it is possible with a partner who is most likely never going to be around at the 'right' time of month. Also I'll just have moved and hopefully started a new job. Will I need to be taking a lot of time off work? Any rough idea on what IVF costs in WA?
    Sorry for the long story, just feeling a little lost

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi This is my first time on a site. I am on my second ivf cycle which will be our last as I am 44. They have thrown everything at me this time so massive doses of hormones. I also have a FIFO husband and was wondering if there was any others going through IVF now in 2014. The threads have been a godsend but have just had a massive panic attack and couldn't stop crying so think I now need some support. I'm on day 3 after implantation. I don't think people can understand how it feels to not to be able to ring your husband out of the blue having to wait until the end of his shift. The loneliness is getting to me. Sorry sound like a sad sack, not normally like this. Guess I just need to know I'm normal. Are there any ladies that have had successful pregnancy at such a late age.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shinyday View Post
    Hi This is my first time on a site. I am on my second ivf cycle which will be our last as I am 44. They have thrown everything at me this time so massive doses of hormones. I also have a FIFO husband and was wondering if there was any others going through IVF now in 2014. The threads have been a godsend but have just had a massive panic attack and couldn't stop crying so think I now need some support. I'm on day 3 after implantation. I don't think people can understand how it feels to not to be able to ring your husband out of the blue having to wait until the end of his shift. The loneliness is getting to me. Sorry sound like a sad sack, not normally like this. Guess I just need to know I'm normal. Are there any ladies that have had successful pregnancy at such a late age.
    You poor thing! I'm not FIFO myself but have been in the past & hubby is, our first is an IVF miracle & second was a natural miracle (she's 10 weeks old) I understand the loneliness, it's a hard lifestyle but has its benefits.

There is an over 40 IVF group on here that I'm sure you could relate to on that aspect.

Just wanted to say you're not alone, & remind you to cut yourself some slack, those hormones would be doing crazy stuff to your emotions!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to AmyEL For This Useful Post:

shinyday  (10-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks AmyEL Meant a great deal to me to have someone to reach out to. All ok today moods have calmed down but hubby got home last night so that has a lot to do with it. Congrats on your bubs it always makes me happy to see you girls getting those positives. Good luck to everybody.