+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Bulk milk storage bags

Hello,
    Hubby went to the chemist and got me some milk storage bags - $8 for 10 bags!!! Just wondering if anyone knows where I can get them cheaper, preferably in bulk?
    TIA :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    eBay sells them in bulk or shop around I got a big pack from direct chemist for under $5

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    With the zip lock bags, does it matter that they're not sterile?

And that's a good idea for the ice cube trays, but again do they need to be sterilised, could I sterilize it in my microwave steriliser?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JR03 View Post
    With the zip lock bags, does it matter that they're not sterile?

And that's a good idea for the ice cube trays, but again do they need to be sterilised, could I sterilize it in my microwave steriliser?
    I use ziplock bags. I think they are pretty clean straight out of the packet and breastfed babies don't need sterile bottles etc - your boobs aren't sterile.

happychick1385 is offline Mummy to four little kiddies that keep me on my toes :)
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I can't remember how much they cost but I always used the swispers milk storage bags. I think they come in a packet of 50 or 100 and they were reasonably priced.

happychick1385 is offline Mummy to four little kiddies that keep me on my toes :)
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok I just double checked and they come in packs of 20 for around $4 or so. I like them because they are extra thick and double-sealed to prevent leakage and spills. Even more importantly, they are pre-sterilised for cleanliness and convenience.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I just used normal containers and sterilised them first. That way they can be reused long after breast feeding

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I use zip lock bags...
    As someone else said, you don't need them to be sterile. Breasts/breastmilk etc isn't sterile.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    i use the glad snap lock bags. to avoid anything poking a hole in the bags i store the bags (filled with ebm) in a container up the very back corner of the freezer. The bags are clean if they come straight out of an unopened box and you store the opened box appropriately (mide goes in the drawer with the cling wraps ect in a labled freezerbag so they dont get used for other stuff).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow I didn't know that things for breastfed babies didn't need to be sterile... I've spent so much time sterilizing bottles and my breast pump!

It's good to know I can just use the snap lock bags, and good idea to put them in a container, mine are just floating around in the freezer at the moment!