+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Am I having a miscarriage?

I've had two healthy pregnancies; the second I had heavy implantation bleeding - heavy enough that I thought I was having my period and didn't realise I was pregnant until a week and half later.
    This time round, I started spotting on 7 DPO, which turned into a light flow over the next few days. Having had a 7 day luteal phase the cycle previously, I assumed it was my period. But when it kept getting lighter instead of heavier, I tested today, at 12 DPO, and got an unmistakably positive result on a FRER. I was certain enough to tell my husband this morning. However, about an hour ago I started having a heavy bleed of bright red blood. Not clots or cramping, although I do have lower back pain similar to that I get when I have my period.

Has anyone experienced a similar pattern of bleeding? And what was the result? Any responses are appreciated.

This bean is very much wanted, but I am trying to ready my mind for the possibility that I may be losing it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had a lot of bleeding with my second pregnancy turned out to be a subcloronic hematoma, which is a blood clot that slowly bleeds out, I bled all though my first trimester and finally at 13 weeks had a huge gush all over myself as if I wet myself but with blood I now have a healthy 2 year old so not all bleeding is bad but do get yourself checked so long as the cervix is still shut your in with a fighting chance!

Sent from my iPhone :-)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Twoalready For This Useful Post:

amethystblossom  (11-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Go to the doctor and have an ultrasound done. Hope it isn't anything bad. Best of luck xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SugarSkull View Post
    Go to the doctor and have an ultrasound done. Hope it isn't anything bad. Best of luck xx
    Thank you for the good wishes, although I think it would be too early to see anything on an ultrasound anyway. I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow for unrelated reasons, and I'm wondering if it's worth mentioning it to her at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I also bleed in early pregnancy and have had full term pregnancys. I have read of many women on here having break through bleeding aswell. Tell your doctor and ask for quantitative blood test 3 days apart to make sure your HCG is rising, atleast you will have peace of mind.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to bokkie_wotwot For This Useful Post:

amethystblossom  (13-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you all for your responses. I may mention it to the doctor tomorrow and see what she thinks.
    Oddly enough, the bleeding seems to have tapered off. It's only visible when I wipe (actually, hardly any has made it to the pad all day, but that could be due to my obsessive trips to the toilet to check on it), and it's a weird, almost orangey colour, which reminds me of the bleeding I had post-birth.
    My cervix is low, very soft and closed. I'll check my BBT in the morning (was still above coverline this morning) and take another HPT. I'll keep you up to date.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Update for this morning:
    • No blood on the pad when I woke up
    • Very small amounts of light brown blood when I wipe
    • HPT positive and darker than yesterday
    • BBT well above coverline
    • Backache has eased
    I haven't had my doctor's appointment yet, but I think I will tell her about it. Will let you know when there's further info. I'm trying to stop myself hoping too much, but a tiny part of me wants to be optimistic.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to amethystblossom For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (12-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you're still very worried, go talk to your doctor and ask for an ultrasound. Just so it'll ease your mind and you can find out exactly what's going on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    More bleeding last night, lasting for about an hour and a half before stopping again. Barely anything today - just some very small spots of old brown blood on the pad. HPTs continue to be positive and darker, and BBT is still above coverline.

Beta hcg from blood test yesterday after was 105 (12 DPO). Am having another blood test tomorrow and will find out the result on Friday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 6th pregnancy was very similar. Ultrasound showed an empty sack = blighted ovum

Hope all is ok