+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    It's purple? Sure it's not a bit red like blood? Does losec do that?
    Do you find bubs is getting constipated on the losec? I'm getting a bit worried my dd is.
    (very jealous of your cheaper losec!)

Oh I didn't realize you needed to eliminate dairy for so long. I would've thought you'd notice s difference in a few days.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Nah it is definately not blood. I did think that at first but studied it for a long time. And it only started when he got put on losec. So I googled it and lots of people had posted the same experience.

I haven't noticed that he is constipated. He is mostly going once a day sometimes twice which is better than before. On the mylanta he had diarhea but before that he would go once a day for 3 days then not go again for 3-4 days.

Yes it is very nice getting cheaper medicines. Even have a hospital grade pump at present without having to pay the hire fees which is nice too. Especially now my paid parental leave has finished. Trade off is I get sick ALOT. Hubby gets a slight hint of it from customers then brings it home to me where I get it full blown .

I'm a bit confused about eliminating the dairy. As I too thought 24 hours or even 48 hours would be sufficient as if you eat something and bubs reacts to it then you notice it by then. But for sme reason alot of information I have found say with the dairy it takes longer to get out of their system.

I am a very fussy eater so worry about having to cut dairy as it would reduce the already low number of foods I eat. I think I will just stick with the increased losec dose until the end off the week and reasses then.

Had him weighed today and he has still gained 180gms in 13 days so he is still putting on weight thankfully.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Oh I get the sick thing. I'm a teacher! Little germ factories at school. Good thing I'm on leave. I will have to keep an eye out for the purple! I definitely think my baby is spitting up more than she did before losec. I've been told to watch out for constipation. What's the dose youre giving? I'm giving .5mls twice a day. But I admit I didn't give it tonight because she seemed to be straining to poop today!
    I reckon as long as bub is gaining weight don't stress too much.
    And I can't really compare my bubs weight gain etc as she has some pretty complex issues.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We are now on 2 mls per day. The dr said to just give it all in one dose rather split it into two. This works well for us as we tend to be out in the evenings and its usually a nightmare even if we are home and I tend to forget.

Yeah if DS gains I am happy. Obviously more would be better but I will take what I can get.

It must be hard for you tamtam. Not only do you have a baby with this horrible reflux she also has her heart condition. I certainly hope she sees some improvement soon for you.

Hi Sarah. That is good to know the increased vomiting happened to you also. While it is a little frustrating having vomit over me alot I can handle it when DS isn't in pain. I was just a little concerned on the weekend as he seemed to be vomiting up everything he was taking in. And with our already low weight gains can't afford for him to not be getting enough. It seems to have settled now and he still had an ok gain over the last 2 weeks so will just have to hang in there.

Yeah I read that somewhere too about the flavouring (maybe you actually). Hubby only has strawberry flavour but we had this lot made without flavouring. DS still took it ok yesterday so will see how we go on this lot.

How are the solids going? That's reassuring to hear they have made an improvement on the reflux. There is hope for us yet.

I'm still not sure DS is ready for solids. I asked the dr thinking he might be of the 4 months train of thought seeing as he is older and has heaps of kids (10+), but he said unless I really think DS is ready to wait until 6 months.

It is so confusing. How do you tell they are ready? I know if they are watching you eat, but DS has been watching me eat since well before 4 months. And increased night waking, which DS has been waking 2-3 times per night which is more than he used to but then I know alot of others have more waking so I still feel like I shouldn't complain and not sure whether its a sign or not.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there, my ds also have silent reflux. He is on losec right now. 5mg twice a day. Tablet form. He is 7 week now. 5 kg. i also notice ds cries alot after administer losec. Today is his third day on losec. Yesterday i notice his poop have black dots or black to purpish streak. Sorry tmi. I was wondering is any mum bub have like my ds. Its freaking me out. My pead app is on tues. I dont know what to do wondering is it blood or losec residue. Please help