So about a month ago we started to think DS has silent reflux as did our MCHN.
- We had been having feeding issues for the previous month
- low weight gains when previously he had been gaining 260gms or more per week
- catnapping during the day
- waking more frequently during the night when previously had been sleeping for 8 hours
- the MCHN suspected my supply was the issue (I have incredibly low iron levels which she believed was the cause) however after being prescribed motilium and my supply most certainly not being the issue nothing had changed with DS.
- the next line of thought was silent reflux as I had started to notice he looked like he was bringing up vomit but swallowing it again and his eyes would go red like it was burning.
So we were advised to try mylanta and if we noticed an improvement then we had diagnosed it. After 3 days DS was a different baby. He was now sleeping well, so much happier, feeding better so it was decided after two weeks that he did have silent reflux. Unfortunately mylanta is only a temporary solution so he was prescribed losec two weeks ago.
Herein lies the reason for my post. After starting the losec he seemed to go backwards. Becoming hard to settle to sleep, not wanting to lay down etc. But also with the new symptom of vomiting.
The dr has increased the dosage for a week to see if there is any improvement otherwise wants to change to zoton.
Today is day 4 of the doubled dosage and the vomiting has been ridiculous. Yesterday it felt like he was throwing up everything he was taking in.
He also had his needles on Thursday so I know they can make him more unsettled and I was prepared for that, but its the increased vomiting that has me concerned.
Just wondering if anyone else has had experience with this?