+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Uterine septum removal

Hi ladies!

I was wondering if any of you had a uterine septum removed? I'm having my double uteri made into one uterus by removing the dividing wall as it is causing me pain and to miscarry. I know my condition is different but if anyone has any information on this type of surgery this would be great.

A septum removal with someone with my condition has only been done a handful or so times in the world and this is my obsfirst time and I trust him as he is a perfectionist, I am lucky that my uteri are fused together as it would be an even bigger surgery if they wernt.

My surgery is in April and stories would be Appreciated.

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yes, I had a uterine septum removed back in 2010.

I was told years before that I had a bicornuate uterus (after having some endometriosis removed via laparoscopy). When I decided to ready myself for TTC I went back to the same Gyno and she suggested I get a scan to check if I had a septum in my uterus. Sure enough, I did.

It was her personal opinion that it would be best to have it removed to better my chances of having a sucessful pregnancy, so I went ahead with the surgery.

I was assured it was a fairly uncomplicated procedure, and it was. It was just day surgery. I had some heavy bleeding for a few hours after (totally normal) and then went home. I've had a few different surgeries and this one was very easy to recover from.

Surgery was done in the February and I fell pregnant late June. I have only had the one pregnancy and one child.

Happy to answer any specific questions

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for your reply. Im really hoping it all goes well I think I would be less stressed if I didn't have to pay about 4k to have it done.

The wall is 2cm thick so hopefully it will come out in one surgery as we want to try again in may/june. They will be leaving my double cervix alone which is good, I cant have a VB due to the double cervix ss baby would rip through both and I will die and childbirth so I know ill be having c sections which doesn't bother me

Im so scared as my ob has never dobe this surgery and it would be so hard to find someone who has but I trust him he will do more than his best.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Whoa...4K? Do you have private health insurance?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I do but I still have a waiting period for pregnancy related services and if they rule it a pregnancy related surgery they won't pay but if they rule it as a gyno surgery then they will...Im holding a tiny bit of hope the rule it as a gyno surgery because that was the reason I went to.a gyno and he misdiagnosed me with uterus didelphys and said I wouldnt have any issues but now its been discovered I have a rare form of uterus didelphys and with the amount of surgical procedures. My old gyno did he should have saw that it wasnt what he thought it was.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My op was completely covered, no out-of-pocket expenses. I'm guessing it would have been considered gyno as at the time I'd only had obstetrics cover for a couple of months.

I hope your health fund cover the costs for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey its glitter i made a new account. Yeah me too! Ill hopefully find out the actual cost and if my health fund with cover it. Fx they do